Printer stopped working Error B203

Printer stopped working

Support code B203 says to turn off printer and contact service centre.

An extended period turned off allowed it to print a few pages before error B203 again.

This only worked once.

Is there any at home fix.

@riddochplace, Riddoch, Info. from 1st link below, Error B200 means the print head voltage or temperature is not normal. The Printhead could be defective, but first, try these solutions at links below. If still warrantied return for repair/replacement/refund, you can contact Cannon at the last link. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://fix-your-printer.blogspot.ca/2011...

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1...

http://www.derek-taylor.com/how-to-fix-t...

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/porta...

Hey guys,

So I just want to post my solution finally after a while of trying some of the solutions on the internet and none worked for me. I simply could not throw my MG 7540 Pixma just like that. So to summarize it in short follow these steps and you may be as lucky as I have.

While the printer is off, open the front cover where the ink is. Now turn on the printer wait till the ink head starts moving a bit then just shut the cover back to normal. You should see canon logo now. Wait a minute or two and you should be back to normal menu. Now if you try to print anything the error might come again in which u repeat the steps above. Next go to settings/ maintenance settings / auto head allignment. And start the process let it finish and follow any instructions it may ask. Once done it will print a test page and tadaaaaa! it works. You can do a few more maintenance checks if you want to keep your printer in mint condition. Sounds simple yes but I just followed my gut feeling. And it worked. Hope it helps someone .

Cheers

you're a &&^&^$^ legend thank you. I followed your instructions, the first auto head alignment failed and the second one worked wow thank you so much :)

Awesome! so glad it worked for you :D

Thanks so Much! It took a couple of tries aligning before the B203 message went away. Every sheet printed has nothing on it, the pages are completely blank -but the error is finally gone. As soon as some ink appears on the page, it's fixed.

Nice! Try to perform other maintenance tests available to you. maybe a cleaning test might help get the ink going. Best of luck!

Thank you so much I cannot believe I found your post! Every other place I looked or asked said my printer was pretty much shot that I needed a new one. You ARE awesome!!! I haven't tried to print yet lol.... I was just so excited that things started to move on my printer and the light went off. I know it's going to work just fine. Thank you again....will keep you posted . Susan

How old is your printer?

Also these are technical issues and this is the way we solve them, please have patience as we work through this process.

I cant see the unit so I need more information to be sure of the problem;-)

Printer Tech Support

I have exactly the same problem. My printer is approx. 2 years old (a Canon MG6650) and it worked perfectly. Yesterday, it printed two pages and as I wanted to print another one, I received the error code B203 "unspecific problem, please turn off the printer and let it check by the service center". There has never been a problem before, there were no strange sounds or anything extraordinary.

I have a specific doubt: this is caused by a self-destroying programme which was installed by the producer in order to boost the sale because buying a new product is less expansive than repairing it...

I am very upset, I don't want to spend money again, don't want to produce waste, and I really do think that printer isn't broken aktually...

Please share youre experiences and ideas!

Having printed two Word documents, my printer gave a B203 error code, which asked me to turn the printer off and contact a service centre. My printer is a white two-year-old Pixma MG5650, and has printed almost 1,000 pages: I use cheap ink. I turned the printer off and looked on the internet to see if this condition was fixable by me. A number of people had experienced the same problem. In summary, they reported that this was a print-head problem and several gave suggestions to try this and try that, but thought that it would be necessary to buy a new printer, this being cheaper than having it repaired. After a couple of days thinking about what to do, I wanted to print another document. I decided to try it, turned the printer on: no message, so I printed the document. It was obvious that there was a problem with the blue, so I used the printer's menu to carry out a print-head clean, followed by a nozzle test print: the print showed the blue to be a little streaky. I did another head clean and print: the blue was much more streaky. I then did a deep clean, followed by a test print, and the blue had completely disappeared. After 24 hours, I carried out another deep clean, followed by a test print: the blue was still missing. I removed the cyan cartridge, which still had half the ink present. I touched the ink pad, which was moist and left ink on my finger. I shone a torch into the space vacated by the cartridge and saw that the small ink receptor pad was white. Should it be white? I checked the other colours and saw that their receptor pads were their respective colours. I put in a new cyan cartridge and did a nozzle test print, and - serendipity! - the blue was back! I reprinted the document which had showed the blue to be wrong - and it was correct this time. For each of the next seven days I printed documents and photographs. The printer is now working correctly. This solution beats sending the printer to a service centre - and beats buying another printer!

Hello! I tried to do some of these and my printer does not start at all. is no longer receiving power. You can help me? Thank you!

B203 Canon printer error caused by corrupted register entry. My advise is to you first scan your PC with good antivirous software. If there any malware or virus were found fix it and again restart PC and Printer again.

Riddoch Place will be eternally grateful.