After I replaced my charging port, it turns on but doesn't charge

My iPhone 5s recently didn't want to charge so i decided to change the charging port, I carefully followed each and every step to replace the port and followed the guide on ifixit.com. After completion I came upon a error, I plugged in the device with a new charger and then the device turned on like normal, however, once the devices lock screen appeared the lightning bolt next to the battery didn't appear, IT WASN'T CHARGING. I don't know what could have happened or what I should do to fix this.

Have you tried another charging cable and wall charger after replacing the charging port? Did you make sure that the charging port assembly is fully against the housing?

It does sound like a faulty charging dock assembly though.

check battery first...

It can't be the battery because when the device is connected then the device turns on, however, the problem is that it won't charge even though it's connected.

johndiaz693 will be eternally grateful.