Repair and support for the third generation of the Flip portable speaker by JBL.

The Charging PCB is destroyed. Any Solutions?

I know I shouldn't have, but when my JBL Flip 3's micro-usb charging port broke, I decided to take matters into my own hands. It's safe to say I destroyed the pcb that has the aux cord and charger. It's unusable. Is there anything I can use to replace this? I don't even need the aux cord, just the usb port. If i have to buy some cheapo charger pcb or make one myself, I'm down. It's a bummer to see this nice speaker end up in the junk drawer.

Don't know your speaker but is the charge port on a separate pcb from the main amplifier board?

If so, does the charge port pcb have a 'board number' printed on it at all?

If so search online using just the number only and see if there are any results.

Just a thought.

It is a seperate pcb! but unfortunately I do not see any board number. Just a few markings like "C801" "j301" and "l205"

@ez2remember70 add some images of the broken board with your question. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question for that so we can see what you see.

Okay, Uploaded

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

I had the same problem, just use the 4p cable for charging use the black - and red + for charging throug usb 5volt. You can solder a usb wire to it and it wil charge again! And then you can throw away that pcb!

Please let m know it worked for you too!?

Regards, Thiemo

I also wrecked the charging pcb and was about to throw away my JBL flip 3, then stumbled upon your comment and did exactly as you said. I now have a working and charging speaker with a usb wire permanently attached to it.

It has made me quite happy, thank you so much for your solution.

Best regards.

Hi ,

I have a same problem with my jbl flip2

And i suddenly noticed your comment here .

Thanks a lot

And can i use a normal 5 A usb charger to solder with the board?

After soldering the USB cable to the speaker wires, I have plugged it in to a regular Samsung phone charger 5-9V and 1.64-2A I believe.

Can anyone post a pic of the working solution please? The re-wire i mean :)

No inside pics but here is how I fixed my Jlip 3 :

-Unscrew plastic covers, see IFIXIT / Ytube

-Disconnect battery, little white plug, main PCB

-disconnect flat white cable from button cover, easier access to charging PCB

-Take out charging PCB by cutting away the black glue around it, care cuz the wires are in the glue. take it out a few cm so you can access the wires behind

-behind the charging PCB, are 2 white plugs, 1 for the audio jack with 3 wires and the other for charging with 4 wires, this is the 1 we want. Cut off these 7 wires close to the plugs connected to the charging PCB, we only need 2, the black and the red, strip a bit off these 2 and wrap in electrical tape the 5 others so they don't short-out

-Cut and strip the black and the red wire from the USB cable, twist them around the matching colors in the speaker then solder, wrap with tape. pack it tight so it won't vibrate, try hot glue

-Connect battery, test and assemble

It worked for me.

Pic of PCB and cable : https://imgur.com/a/CnRqtWg?

Here is a post about howw to fix the problem https://openclassrooms.com/forum/sujet/r...

Sabastian Watson will be eternally grateful.