The Ford Expedition is a full-size SUV assembled by the American automaker Ford Motor Company. Introduced as the four-door successor of the two-door Ford Bronco, the Expedition has remained in production since the 1997 model year; it is currently in its third model generation.

How do I disable the automatic running boards on my 2008 Expedition t?

The running boards won't stay down when I open the vehicle doors. How do I keep the running boards out permanently?

Extend the running boards then pull the fuse . To find the fuse position use the owners manual , there should be a fuse panel diagram with fuse location.If you have trouble extending the running boards disconnect the actuators on the ends and swing the boards down manually . You will then need to fasten the running boards to make them ridged. Either by removing the actuator and replacing it with a proper length bar or disconnecting then manually extending the actuator and locking it in position . Hope this helps

Dale, Just to add a bit to Jimfixer's answer. You can override the programming of these running boards through the Expedition's message center, making them remain extended at all times. The link below is the 2010 model, should be the same for yours, for instructions on programming the boards. Jim gave info. on what steps may have to be taken if boards stuck and actuators not functioning. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8235297_override...

Dale will be eternally grateful.