Announced on October 16, 2014, the iPad Air 2 is a thinner successor to the iPad Air.

242 Questions View all

Which kind of digitizer connector on the LCD/Digitizer set

I have an unusal fix to perform actually.

It's on an Ipad Air 2, but in fact it's not located on the mainboard but... on an LCD/Digitizer set. The set is in good condition but on the digitizer ribon the two connectors (one 42 pin & one 34 pin) need to be replaced as some pin are spoiled.

I can change them but the only issue is that I can't find these connectors to buy.

Can somebody tell me if it is possible to find them somewhere?

They look like this :



Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment
Free shipping on orders over $20
Use code BLUEANDBLACK at checkout
Free shipping on orders over $20

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

This is gonna be pretty difficult to find. Your best bet, is to find another repair shop, that has one with a broken LCD. Then you could source the parts you need. Pretty uncommon for folks to repair the connector socket cables

Was this answer helpful?

Score 4


The OP would have to spend some time on sites like Digikey and look for one that has the same physical specifications. Hirose is another common manufacturer used for these types of connections.


Thanks a lot Minho for this usefull info. I just bookmarked the site :)


iMedic : yes pretty uncommon I agree. But admit that when it is located on a set that usualy cost 120/130 $ pce this solution is not an option.


This is why I raid the graveyard


Add a comment

Add your answer

Patrice will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 37