screen light flickers; when unplugged

My ASUS X555Y series laptop, if having a couple issues;

1. After I unplug my laptop; if it goes don 2% (100% down to to 98%) the screen light starts to flicker, constantly untill I plug it back in.

2. My wifi network; will not stay connected, it will remain active for a period of time before kicking me off, having to reboot my computer as i cannot simply reconnect.

My drivers were recently updated, so I know thats not the issue, im leaning towards havig to replace the battery, and possibly either replace the cards or reflow them.

What are your sugestions?

Same problem here with my TP550LAB, screen recently started flickering when on battery power and WiFi is an ongoing nightmare. Kicks me off randomly and cannot even reconnect when restarting. Re flickering - I read enough about people with this issue to know that replacing the battery is not the solution. Have you managed to get anywhere closer?

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Replacing the battery would appear to be the correct decision since the screen problem doesn't happen with the charger connected.

You say the WiFi drivers (I assume) were recently updated, were the updated drivers Asus Wifi drivers, Windows generic WiFi drivers or the WiFi card manufacturer's drivers?

It is always advisable to have the Asus drivers installed on Asus equipment as they know their equipment best and may have adapted the drivers to suit their particular requirements.

If Win 10 is the installed OS here is a link to the latest Asus WLAN drivers. Select the drivers appropriate to the make of card that is installed, see Notes near the top of the webpage in the link regarding installing the drivers.

Try installing a free WiFi scanner program (there are others online if this doesn't suit you) just to see what is going on with your WiFi connection regarding signal strength, number of networks using the same channel which may be causing interference etc.

Don't know about reflowing the cards, seems a bit extreme considering that you haven't proved where the problem is yet. It may be unrelated to the actual WiFi card. Initially it may be more prudent to invest (or even better if you can 'borrow' one from a friend) in a cheap USB WiFi adapter and see if the connection suffers from the same problem or not to give you an idea of where to go on from.

Just some thoughts.

I am fully aware a reflow was a drastic step, which would have been a last resort. I did just recently, update the drivers; but for some odd reason I ommitted Windows 10, could be the issues as i've had it for about a year without issues I, will look into it further

I have the same problem with the screen flicker. Changing the battery with a new one changed nothing. Just letting you guys know. My last resort would be changing the whole screen. But not sure becasue everything works fine when plugged into the wall.

Hi Jan, did you ever sort out your problem? My ASUS, an F555LJ, also flickers when on battery power, it's unusable unless it's plugged in. Was thinking of changing the battery but having read your post it sounds like it won't help.

Thanks,

Andy

I am stilI waiting for someone with warranty to report back from the Asus support. Otherwise, no development.

same here with the flickering, mine is x555L, battery is integrated, nevertheless, i dont think it's a battery issue, do u guys have a dual video card as well ? have you tried formatting your laptop ? has anyone tried contacting asus customer care about this issue ?

please keep us updated if anyone came up with a solution.

thanx

Gents, i have tried changing the battery with no luck. Also, tried sending the laptop to ASUS. They replaced the screen, no luck. I reformatted the machine and it is giving the same issue. i am running out of ideas. Starting to think the motherboard is the main issue. Last resort is just leave it like this and not to bet anymore in ASUS.

Aaron Bouchard will be eternally grateful.