A digital SLR camera by Nikon sold between 2005 and 2006.

Battery Clock Icon Blinking

D50 will autofocus, menu will not light up, clock and battery icon blinks, camera will not take a picture.

What I learned and deduced investigating a D50 Nikon repair manual is the clock battery needs to be replaced and it is a real involved job. Have to unscrew the backing, unsolder two wires and remove the holder with the battery. I did not investigate the cost of a new clock battery let alone if it is available.

charles.james, Ensure that the battery contacts are clean and install a new quality set of fully charged batteries and have charger tested or try another known good working compatible charger to rule it out as an issue. Reset clock and try camera. If problem persist, internal clock battery may be faulty or issue with bad components in camera. Pg D18, of the attached service manual below shows the internal clock battery and disassembly process to enable checking of internal wire connections/components/etc. for loose, damage, burnt. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://ss-it.de/data/servicemanuals/D50....

charles.james will be eternally grateful.