Why does the backside get really hot when being charged?

Whenever I put my ipod touch to charge, the backside above the cord connector get really hot. How can I fix this or is the damage done and its not fixable?

Most Helpful Answer

It might be your battery. It is semi-normal for the hard drive based iPods to get warm when charging and syncing them as power is being sent to the battery (causing heat) and the hard drives are spinning also causing more heat. The only things that can produce heat on the iPod touch are its battery and its display. The display can produce a very small amount of heat and the battery should only produce heat when it is charging but this heat is very small as well. So for one thing, it could be over charging the battery and that's not good.

But at first I try this comment from the Apple Store: plug the iPod into the USB-port, press and hold the "Select" button and just click on play at the same time, until the "Disk Mode" screen comes on, and then download the newest software (Firmware - You can download it at Apple's website), and update the iPod. See if that makes a difference. After that I would consider a new battery because it is a relative easy, inexpensive fix. You are not using your iPod while charging, and your backlight is off,right?

The processor emits heat as well.

Mine is getting hot to, and not just when am charging it??

Mine gets hot too and I'm going crazy cause I

Can't figure out why it's not hot to where I cant

Touch it but it does get hot

My multi use charger gets hot it has a 2.1 amp port an the other one is plain an my galaxy tab makes my charger itself hot and none of my other stuff gets hot but when i use my tablet charger that came with it its normal no cold or hot comes from it any suggestins i dont want to hurt my charger

How often do you $@$* it all the way down. Mine did that a couple weeks ago after I downloaded IOS9. So I took it to Best Buy and they gave me a new one off the shelf for free life is much better. But as for you, you could have gotten water on it without even knowing if you did it you won't even get to turn it on anymore it will be ruined. Or it could be time for a new charging cord. But the best solution is to call apple and see what they say. Hope I was a help!!

Shut it won't let me type it sHuT

There we are in the first sentence it's supposed to be shut I don't know why it did that

Hi!! My baby brother drop my ipod 5th gen in the toilet 2 mounts ago i tried everything -put in rice.-charge it for 12hr.PLEASE HELP ME!!

U should try holding down the power bottom for a long time

I suggest you should buy a case.ipod 5g is very thin so I guess it gets hot as heat Passes rapidly through thin objects

why my ipod getting hot!? i like playing music on youtube when i sleep and my ipod gets hot every time! what is happening! i am afraid to have it on my bed now bc i think it is going to explode. is it bc i am charging it too long? or is it bc i am keeping it on too long? someone plz tell me. i un- plugged it and it got less hot but i dont want it to die. can someone tell me if it is dangerous to have it charging on my bed all night?

blazethedj will be eternally grateful.