MacBook Pro models with 13" Retina displays manufactured beginning 2012.

WiFi Hardware Still Not Found After Replacing Airport Card

Hello all, nice community you have here. I have a late 2012 Retina Macbook pro, 13". Model A1425, EMC 2557. Running OS 10.12.4. I fell asleep last week while using the computer and the battery died; received the "WiFi: No Hardware Installed" error message upon booting up. Tried a few software tricks, except for resetting the NVRAM, and no luck. Just replaced the card today with one I got off eBay, and to my massive disappointment I still got the message. The card was listed as fully functional.

So what now? No hardware seems damaged, and I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally switch the antennae leads around. I'm reluctant to reset the NVRAM because I don't have a backup disk at the moment. I'd really appreciate any troubleshooting help.

If the I/O board is getting power (check bottom pin of where I/O board plugs into the logic board, should get around 3.3V) and it is not liquid damaged with any burnt components, the issue is likely caused by the I/O cable, even though it looks fine. This is quite common on A1425 models, and happens for no reason.

Replace this first, if you still have the same issue, it will be logic board related if the I/O board is fine.

Interesting. So that's the data cable which rests on top of the fan, right?

@thegreatdarbis yes that's correct. Although it is not a widespread issue, I have definitely seen at least 3 A1425s develop this exact issue with the I/O cable, causing WiFi and Bluetooth not to work.

Darby B will be eternally grateful.