Phone heating up very hot during use with and without charge.
I have looked at the device internally and there are no signs of anything abnormal on connectors, logic board and the thermal pad that switches between the housing of the back of the phone and the logic board's CPU chip.
Also checked for liquid damage (and corrosion) there does not seem to be any. The phone looks like it has been taken care of well.
I'm probably going to try another charging port to rule out short-circuiting on the board. The whole board feels hot because something is short-circuit but I'm not quite sure what it is.
The menu and back / recent button does not work. Only the home button on the screen works (Power + vol up and down work fine).
If it ends up being the touch sensitive buttons being at fault I guess I'll have to replace the screen as they are pre-assembled together.
So what do you think may be most at fault? Yes it also does this on the big green battery charging screen when phone is not turned on.
Update: Okay, so some good progress has been made. I have replaced the charging port dock assembly and that seems to have fixed the two touch capacitive buttons between home button so they are working again.
However I am still getting that very hot phone issue. Something is still heating up like crazy on the board from a short-circuit.
Honestly I'm stumped. I just tested everything on the Samsung Hidden Test Menu (*#0*#) and everything works just fine there.
Is this a good question?