Released September 2016, the Vivo 5R represents the sixth generation of the Vivo series and an update to the Vivo 5.

Phone does not ring on incoming calls

Hi I have a new BLU Vivo 5R and I can't get the ringtone to sound, I have tried downloaded and preloaded tones and checked all the silet buttons I can find. Anyone know what I can do? Thanks

Most Helpful Answer

Out of curiosity, when you make a call, does the speakerphone function work? Some phones use the same speaker for speakerphone and ringtone sounds. If both do not work, then you have an issue with the speaker itself or the logic board.

Try the speaker phone first and then if it still doesn't work, you may have to open the phone up to examine further.

Thanks. The speaker phone function works fine, also if I 'try out' a ringtone, it sounds fine too, so I'm sure its just a setting, but I can't find it!

I also get audible text notifications.....

Do you have a Settings --> Profiles or something similar? If so, check to see what it is set as.

Also check Settings --> Sounds and Notifications -- this section has a separate volume for each type of sound.

What type of 'call signal' indication do you hear in a different phone when you call your phone, Ringing tone, Busy signal, recorded message etc?

Have you checked the 'call forward' settings in the phone. Open the dial app and tap the settings icon (or right hand soft key below the screen if no icon)

Kathy Metcalfe will be eternally grateful.