Released September 2016, the Vivo 5R represents the sixth generation of the Vivo series and an update to the Vivo 5.

Phone does not ring on incoming calls

Hi I have a new BLU Vivo 5R and I can't get the ringtone to sound, I have tried downloaded and preloaded tones and checked all the silet buttons I can find. Anyone know what I can do? Thanks

Most Helpful Answer

Out of curiosity, when you make a call, does the speakerphone function work? Some phones use the same speaker for speakerphone and ringtone sounds. If both do not work, then you have an issue with the speaker itself or the logic board.

Try the speaker phone first and then if it still doesn't work, you may have to open the phone up to examine further.

Thanks. The speaker phone function works fine, also if I 'try out' a ringtone, it sounds fine too, so I'm sure its just a setting, but I can't find it!

I also get audible text notifications.....

Do you have a Settings --> Profiles or something similar? If so, check to see what it is set as.

Also check Settings --> Sounds and Notifications -- this section has a separate volume for each type of sound.

What type of 'call signal' indication do you hear in a different phone when you call your phone, Ringing tone, Busy signal, recorded message etc?

Have you checked the 'call forward' settings in the phone. Open the dial app and tap the settings icon (or right hand soft key below the screen if no icon)

Before resetting to factory settings as I have found told elsewhere, go through your other apps. I had Norton Clean marked to block notifications which was blocking the ring tones and had deleted several custom tones. Of course it took me quite a while to figure that out but it was worth the time to not wipe the phone. Norton Clean was only doing what I had directed it to so it was not the app fault or the phone-----THIS TIME

Ringtone is not working and every thing is welll.

When the call comes it dosnt rings

I have similar problems with my phone vivo y69. No sounds and wen i received a phone call from any one we don't understand each other because of the speaker of my phone is not working. Any suggestions from others how to solve this? I tried to look up my settings of my phone go to sound and volume of my speaker damnnnn i tried so many times but nothings happened..

Hi @ emnojacob,

Are you talking about the "loudspeaker' (the one that rings when a call comes in and can be used for "hands free' call mode OR the internal receiver used when you hold the phone to your ear when on a call?

Have you tried adjusting the volume during a call. i.e. use Volume Up or Volume Down to adjust volume DURING the call.

Try using the earphones with the microphone attachment when making or receiving a call to see if you can hear OK and be heard OK by the other end.

vivo y53 mobile not ringing but not show me

Kathy Metcalfe will be eternally grateful.