g29 auto presses random buttons

i have a G29 with the G29 shifter when i play euro truck simulator 2 it calibrates at random times and presses buttons i didnt touch the same happens in project cars

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

I believe that this is due to an internal wiring issue caused by stress on a connector or harness from the rotation of the wheel. I have a similar problem with my G920 but I have not opened the wheel up yet to see about fixing the problem.

i got a new one from logitech under the warranty i treid to open the old one its nearly impossible

Hello Pascal, I’m Micael.

I have a Logitech G29 with the shifter as well. Only after a few months using it, it started happening to me as well. I’d be making a hard or quick turn and suddenly everything happens in the game. My engine turns off, my blinkers start blinking, my parking brake engages, my horn horns, and so on. For a few days I wondered what the issue was, and then I realized that what was happening is that all of the buttons on the wheel were activating when turning the wheel a certain way. I verified this by going to the Logitech Gaming Software and “testing the profile”. I then started my research to find out how to fix it, and found a few videos on YouTube about fixing other things on the G29, but not this specific issue I was facing. I then decided to try to find a way to fix it myself. I watched those videos to find out how to correctly open the wheel, then I started tearing it apart, reconnected all connectors firmly, then closed it all again and voila, the issue disappeared. I was very happy that I managed to solve it myself. Then, guess what? A few months later the issue reappeared. Now, though, only the “Share”, “Option” and “PS” buttons are triggering by themselves. I’m considering trying to open it again and see if I can fix it one more time. This time I’ll probably spray some contact cleaner on them and maybe even try to reinforce the connection with either a heatshrink tube or some tape.

pascal molenberg will be eternally grateful.