7" RCA tablet released in 2014, identified by model number RCT6773W22.

My touch screen does not respond

I can not navigate through my tablet because my touch screen will not respond

Hi @bizzy1 ,

Either the digitizer (touchscreen) has a loose connection to the systemboard or it is faulty and it needs to be replaced.

Here is a link to a video that shows how to replace the digitizer in your tablet. It shows how to access the digitizer, which means that you can also check the connection as well.

Here is a link to just one supplier of the digitizer part. It is not a recommendation to use them, it is just shown to give an idea of the price of the part. There are other suppliers that may suit you better. Just search online for RCT 6773W22 digitizer part for results.

In the interim if you wish to still use your tablet, try connecting a USB mouse via an appropriate OTG (On The Go) adapter cable to navigate through the tablet. If you wish to 'type' you can replace the mouse with a USB keyboard, also via the OTG cable. Be aware that not all keyboards will work using this method. Also the battery in the tablet will be discharged quicker as it is supplying the power to the mouse or keyboard.

Hopefully this is of some help

@jayeff , congrat's on the 100,000, amazing achievement!

Hi @lpfaff1 ,

Thank You.

I appreciate all the 'help' that I have been given, by you and many others, to get that far.

David will be eternally grateful.