Released by Lenovo in October 2015. Identified by model number ZA0H0022US.

Why is my tablet not charging

why is my tablet not charging

change my charger istill not ok

even though I charge my tablet, it won't go on at all.

This is also a school tablet

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Derek Wood and @ossaidmz10 ,

Here is a link to the service manual for your tablet.

Scroll to p.84 to view the necessary pre-requisite steps and then the procedure to remove the USB charge port connector board

Here is the part number (I think) taken from the manual (p.30) There are 2 numbers listed so check the number on the board before you order a replacement ;-)

5F78C03560

Here is a link to just one supplier of the part. It is not a recommendation to use them, it is merely shown to give an idea of the cost of the part.

There are others that may suit you better. Just search online using the part number only.

It seems Battery charging is a common issue for all the tabs, I had faced similar issue for my Yoga tab 3 also.

Had tried online solutions and Service engineer visit also unable to resolve the issue, until I find the resolution myself as below.

Actual issue is here:

Go to Battery options on your Device settings.

You can see the Battery charging mode, shows as ‘USB’ charging.

The device can able charge through AC power adapter only, hence unable to charging on USB charging selected.

Resolution:

Remove the USB connector from the Tab device and AC adapter from wall power outlet (Must need to remove both the ends).

Reconnect the USB cable and AC adapter to wall unit. Now check the charging mode, it shows charging with AC. Now the device can charge as normal condition.

Note: If Battery charging shows USB charge, you have to do this step again by disconnect the ports and reconnect until you see the AC charging mode for Battery.

Hope your issue got resolved, try same method all Tab models and smart phones having battery charging issue.

- Bangarubabu

Hey David,

This very well could be because there is internal damage. Either with the battery or the charging port, but more likely it's the charging port. I would recommend replacing the port, and you should be able to charge your device again.

Hi i have the same problem.Any idea where to get it repaired?

where are you located derek

Hi, we changed the charging port two times now .The recent one was 3weeks back . now its not charging again.

I had the same problem on my yoga tablet i did some cleaning to the port using toothbrush and it did work again but now it's taking alot of time to recharge but something better than nothing

Actual issue is here:

Go to Battery options on your Device settings.

Resolution:

Reconnect the USB cable and AC adapter to wall unit. Now check the charging mode, it shows charging with AC. Now the device can charge as normal condition.

david halliday will be eternally grateful.