Released September 2015, the JBL Xtreme is a portable, Bluetooth speaker that is also splash proof.

How long is the JBL xtreme initial charging?

I recently bought a red JBL Xtreme at Best Buy Tampa, unfortunately its the last one.

when i initially charge it, it only goes up to the 4 led light and it just keeps blinking.

how long is the initial charge, because it says in the manual 3.5 hours. mine has been charging for 5 hours and it still just blinking up to the 4 led lights.

please help. did i got a lemon? or is this just normal for battery initial charge?

Went to Best buy Tampa today. 4/30/17 they replaced my Red Xtreme.

cross fingers hope this one wont have anymore charging problems.

draining the battery as of now totally, before initial charging.

@hanns76,Johann, Maybe for initial charge let it charge 8 hours. Try the JBL to see if it work's, if it works run the battery down till it is low(not dead, just low) and repeat charging to see if charge times get better, do this a few times and it continues not charging to full capacity the circuit inside speaker or charger may be defective and should be returned for refund/replacement while you can through the store. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Thank L Pfaff,

i will try this and give you an output.

for now I've been charging it in sequence, I've initially charged it for 4 hours when i bought it yesterday, then last night it was charging for 6 hours, but still no luck.

I will try to bring the battery to low, then i will do the charging again.

the only unusual thing I've noticed is, its charging only up to 4 led lights but when i disconnect the charger, its shows full charge, is this normal?

Thank you so much for your suggestion i really appreciate it.

Johann, It is entirely possible that there could be a full charge and just a fault with the charge LED's light's, I do not own this speaker so I can not say this is normal, but I would not think it should be normal or they would only have one LED to show when charged instead of progression LED's.

Best buy tampa replaced it, it was a defective unit, so far the JBL extreme replacement is working fine.

Johann, Thanks for replying back. Great to hear defective speaker was replaced with out issue and that the new speaker is working good. Good luck with your JBL Xtreme.

me i ask is it possible to charge jbl extreme while in use??

we have two jbl extreme speakers.one is a few years old and it has stopped holding its charge.The other one is about 6 months old and its charge time is getting shorter.Is there anything we can do?

mickey beltran , Really should have posted this as a question, rather then as an answer. It sounds like your batteries are giving up and time to change them. Problem is replacement OEM battery seem's hard to come by, find below a couple links below that may help. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFuXHEko...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBdLs6W0...

most certain battery replacement. it has been an on going battery issue with xtreme when it gets old.

i think JBL xtreme cons is the battery life.

so far replacement xtreme that best buy tampa gave me is working fine, but i have to be prepared to buy the replacement battery.

by the way, out of the topic, i auditioned xtreme side by side with Bose revolve +, I almost exchange the JBL over to Bose but the verdict is; "xtreme is still the xtreme" in terms of sound. its just JBL xtreme gave me that loud and clear output compared to bose, plus the JBL's stereo dynamic effects.

though BOSE did sounded 360 deg. means anywhere you stand, you get the same audio output but the sound is "mono", anyways what do we expect from a BOSE full range single driver right?

anyways back to JBL, i hope xtreme will always have a replacement battery available anytime just in case, the issue of battery life occurs.

Johann will be eternally grateful.