Apple released the MacBook Pro 15" Retina with a new display that has a 2880-by-1800 resolution.

Swapped LCD but get black screen?

I have purchased a replacement LCD because my original was cracked. The replacement is for a1398 as is the MBP I put it in. When booting there is no light or power to the new LCD assembly. I have checked the cables over and over, all connecting fine, reset nvram and pram, mac chimes and boots but only shows a black screen. Adjusted screen brightness but no change. I reinstalled the old screen and it booted fine, is there something else that needs resetting or is this a defective LCD?

Thank you

Is your model the A1398? And can you post a link of what screen you purchased? Also, if you shine a flashlight on the screen, do you see anything at all?

Chances are you got the wrong year. Basically, the 2012-2014 LCD panels are the same (although 2012-early 2013 camera cable is different to late 2013-2014 model on the full assembly), and the 2015 panels are different to these, even though they will plug in with no issues.

If you got the right year lid for your device, you have a faulty assembly if the original one still works fine.

Fabriz will be eternally grateful.