Released June 2014, identified by model number 15-d076nr

My laptop won't turn on

I have drained the battery and done all the steps provided by most basic Google help has suggested, but my laptop still will not turn on. Heeeelp!!!! I don't care if I have to reformat my laptop after, I just want my laptop to turn on

Have you left it on the charger for atleast 24 hours?

Yes I've made sure 1st to drain the battery to reset any static energy, but now I have my laptop totally charged, still nothing

Dont know what you've tried but lets start with the basics and work out from there . Lets do a static discharge first . Remove the battery and unplug the power adapter once thats done hold down the power button for 60 seconds . now reinstall the battery , plug in your power adapter and try to power on. If you find no joy we can move on the the ram . remove the ram cover plate or the back depending on your model . then remove the ram and reseat it . then try to boot the laptop . if no go then remove one stick of ram and then try to reboot if that doesnt work switch the ram around so you have the other stick in and try to boot . If you still have no joy try the ram in different dimm slots . If you still have no boot then remove the back cover and check the power at the power port with a multi meter. look for broken solder joints at the plug inspect the plug to see if it may be the problem . It may be a good idea to check the power adapter to see if its actually charging the battery. This will give you a good place to start looking once done this contact use and we can take you further into the laptop. could you also supply use with more info like does the fan spin up? do you hear the hard drive spin up? are any of the LEDs on the laptop lighting up? or is it completely dead ? Try these then if you have no joy answer these and we can get back with more help

All the lights are still lit up their is no sounds coming from the fan or any other device

Theirs a red blinking light above the F12 button

John Doe @johndoe667 have you done everything listed above? for the static discharge the battery needs to be out not just drained

I've tried all the steps suggested by Jimfixer and still nothing

What about a cmos reset?

Hi John Doe

Have you browsed the official HP troubleshooting page for your model? There is a link to it on the IFixit device page for your model. It may provide some answers. For example, this support page seems to describe the issue you are having, particularly in regards to the amber F12 light. Try following the steps at the posted link. Following these steps should recover your BIOS, and allow you to install the fix from HP (provided in the link).

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-...

I hope this resolves the issue. The community will continue to search for a solution until your problem is resolved.

Unfortunately it doesn't help, the article provided lists similar issues, but the only real difference is that my laptop won't turn on at all. Everything seems to be running fine as far as the lights and it does charge. However my laptop won't turn on to do any recovery options. Basically I'm looking for help just to get my laptop started.

John Doe will be eternally grateful.