Philips Marathon Bagless vacuum cleaner HomeCare with TriActive nozzle.

How to replace wheel?

One of the wheels of the Marathon FC9200 broke off. I bought a new one, but I don't know how to attach it. There is an additional part (red) that is located in the axle, but I don't know if you should put it in the whole and then attch teh wheel, or put it in the axle before attching the wheel to the cleaner. If I try to follow the secon possibility, I feel much resistance and am afraid that I will break either the wheel or the hole into which the wheel should be attached.

You first have to put the round/cylindrical shaped retainer which keeps wheel locked in position into the wheel, and then push the axele into the whole in the vacuum cleaner. It is somewhat scary, as you have to press very hard and I was afraid to destroy the wheel or hole. But it worked!

Jos de Mul , You may have to disassemble the machine a bit, pg. 5-7 of the guide below shows what looks to be a type of round/cylindrical shaped retainer which keeps wheel locked in position. Click on the parts guide below. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

https://media.needapart.co.nz/manuals/FC...

Jos de Mul will be eternally grateful.