Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

Power light and screen blinking

When i hit the power button either on the remote or tv the screen will light up and then what i assume is the screen or backlight start blinking on and off as well as the red power light. Tjey nlink on amd off together. What could be my problem? The tv is at most 2 yrs old

@razielsd what model is the TV and is there a pattern to the blinking?

There is not a pattern to the blinking. It is a steady blinking of both the power button and the screen itself. As long as it is plugged in and you hit the power button it just blinks nonstop.

The model # UN60J6200AF

@razielsd this could be a multitude of things. the constant blinking (no pattern) is indicative of an error with the power management system. The quickest way to test is by disconnecting the main board from the power supply board, plug in the power supply board, after that you should see some lights in the screw holes if the power supply is good. If you do not, then you can move on to the mainboard. Worst case scenario would be a bad panel, which can also cause this error. It might help if you post some images of the back of your TV with the cover removed as well as images of the different boards. Of course, a bad capacitor is always a possibility as well. Post some images of your boards with your question. That way we can see what you see. Use this guide for that.

I am going to assume that it could be all of those problems. Would it be cheaper to fix it or just buy another one? Also, do you know a website to buy the parts required?

That would depend on what you find and what boards you would need to replace and availability of those boards. It could easily run you more than a new TV but the only one that can make that decision is you.

i figured i would just replace all the boards and the capacitor if possible? Looking up a few parts it looks at if it will cost a couple of hundred, assuming all i needs is those 3 items

I unplugged the PS from the MB connected the power cord and im seeing the same thing. White light blinking on and off.

@madman1011 what make and model is your TV? Which white light is blinking? What have you checked? Anything from the original answer?

Power board does show significant heat damage.

Where you able to resolve this? My tv did the same exact thing a couple of hours ago.

after disconnecting the led from the power board the tv operated normally (on off button worked) . I put a flash light to the screen and could see picture and sound was working. When I reconnected the led to the power board it started blinking on and off again and the on off button stopped working. Could only turn it off by un plugging from outlet. Bad LED strips. I plan on replacing the power board because it shows alot of heat damage and the LED strips. Cost will probably be around $150.00 with parts from shopjimmy.

Kenneth Newberry will be eternally grateful.