Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

Blinking red light 5 times Sony Bravia 55" tv

The Sony Bravia KDL55NX810 tv powers up for approximately 5 to 8 seconds then automatically turns off, then red light blinks 5 times. I replaced the main board but that didn't fix it Where can I get a diagram of the boards and their names?

How can I fix it ? Or do I need to call a tv repairman?

Had the same problem replaced Pico fuse on Power Supply fixed problem. Fuse is located near top left closer to connector plug . Fuse is & amps marked as L7.

Had the same problem replaced Pico fuse on Power Supply fixed problem. Fuse is located near top left closer to connector plug . Fuse is 7 amps marked as L7.

@bo1 the 5 blink error code can have quite a few different causes. Ranging from the T-con board to the panel and few things in between. If you have the original TV remote than try to see if this will work on your set:

1. In standby mode, press the following buttons on the Sony remote:

DISPLAY....5....VOL(-)....TV POWER

2. On the left side are the blink codes. On the right hand side is the error count.

3. Under 005, you'll see three listings... TCON, HFR, and P-ID (panel).

4. Let us know what errors your set shows.

If that does not work on your set, then you will have to remove the back of your TV and check the boards. Try to rule out/in the T-con board as faulty. Disconnect the LVDS cable to the T-CON board, the cable between the Main board and the T-CON board, and see if the error code will change. Let us know what the result is.

Same problem is 40r452a model of sony led on my shop.

first time problem is 6 times error then I hardly reset it.

it running good for 2 hours after 2 hours it showing 5 times red indicitor.

on main logic card all voltages showing but led is not running only backlight is going on.

i change also lvds zick but it did not start.

on panel showing 12vdc.

Netram Rojh did you follow the above flowchart for your model?

I am facing the same problem. The red light blinks 5 time and one. Technician has said that its circuit panel needs to be changed. He is charging₹4500/-. He also said he will take the tv to the workshop and it will take 4days to get it done. Pls suggest whether this person is saying right or he is not a reliable person. Pls answer my query urgently

vaishalijthakkar if it is the asme make and model TV try the troubleshooting first. Replacing the panel is always the very last thing because of cost and availability. Yes he could be right with the price. 4 days maybe a bit long but he is possibly doing other jobs at the same time as well.

Hai is it major problem or minor problem of blinking red light in kdl w800d Sony briva tv because just one year I had purchased I think Sony brand will not come mechanic problem but totally I disappointed please give advice

if blinking 5times

just unplug all cable

then plug only power cable

then turn on tv if its showing red led

that mean tv isin stand by mode

so just long press Power Button of Tv until tv not getting ON

or reset tv by using power + Reomte UP arrow key

if helpful plz vote

if not helpful might be issue in H/w i.e inveter of lcd section

EDGAR SMART JR will be eternally grateful.