This affordable large-screen Android phone sports a 5.7-inch display and large 3,400 mAh battery.

Charging Paused Due to Internal Temperature

I have a ZTE ZMax Pro. It has always worked fine for me. The other day it fell on the floor from my nightstand rather hard. Now, it only works while ON the charger, but it does not charge. It says Charging Paused: device is out of ideal temperature range. However, my phone is not hot. This has not gone away after two days, and I have tried a soft reset, as well as charging from my computer. The percentage charged says 100%, but will not stay on once its off the charger. HELP

I know it sounds silly, but one possibility is that "out of ideal temperature range" might be too COLD rather than too hot. With the approaching winter, I recently started getting that same message on my ZMax Pro, and the phone repeatedly would not reach full charge after many hours on the charger, but the phone was cold because the heat was not turned on the room and it was below 50 degrees F. Without even unplugging the charger, today I simply held the phone close to my body for 20 minutes or so to warm it up, and it began charging and quickly reached 100%. Somewhat in disbelief, I just now searched the web to see if anyone else has reported this strange behavior in a ZMax Pro and came across your post, so I thought I'd share my experience in case it helps anyone.

Well I only had my zmax for 2 weeks and I'm getting the same battery message when charging I don't have the issue of dropping it nor it being to cold or hot it's everytime I put it on the charger I will report this matter to my provider asap because these are the free phones they're giving out at these companies so thank you for your story

Cierra Flythe will be eternally grateful.