How to replace a Lenovo tablet screen

Hi all

My son has a Lenovo Tab 2 A10-30 10.1 inch. He recently cracked most of the screen so I bought a replacement screen and digitizer but I can't seem to find any kind of help on changing them over.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Nathan.

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Hi @nathandavies198

Here is a link to the hardware maintenance manual for your tablet. It shows the procedures on how to remove all the components from the tablet.

Hopefully this is also of some help.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Nathan,

Here is a decent YouTube video on how to do the replacement. It appears to be in Russian but he does show proper tool use (I would suggest avoiding the X-acto Knife) and decent angles.

Thanks very much!! I think I get the gist of it. Just had to make sure it was a pop off screen. I had to remove everything from an iPhone to replace the screen before so had my fingers crossed. I'll give this a try in the next hour or two.

Thank you again :)

I wouldn't let this guy anywhere near my Tablet ! Getting the Cover off is easy using a spudger,he is hacking and slashing at it like a man possessed . 4 mins in and still not got it off ! At this point I switched off ...

Nathan will be eternally grateful.