2.3L 4cyl or 3.0L V6, 6th Generation

How to reset security system

I can not turn the security system off. The battery is dead and as soon as I try to use jumper cables, the alarm goes off

why does the sound of the car fob comes while i am driving and turn on the security alarm of my honda accord 2001. security alarm light turns on and off after few minutes. problem is all the time it turns on, car fob sound comes even in the middle of the traffic. how do i disable the alarm or fix this issue

How do you reset the fuel and spark to the engine

How can i my it work

I don't get it I'm not stupid when it comes to cars I had the alarm working and I don't know what happened but it shut off!! Now I'm trying to figure out how to enable the alarm not disable it. My security light is not on the door but it is on the radio but usted to be able to hit the unlock button twice and it would engage now it's not for some reason any answers to this question would be extremely helpful thanks!!

My alarm will not go off when I put my key in the door nor when I put it in the ignition, what should I do?? When unplugging the battery it goes off but once I put my key in the door it goes back off!!

Most Helpful Answer

Lester Moorman, If possible charge your battery 12.2V+ or change it, as this could continue happening. Try alarm rest procedure below.

Insert the ignition key in the Accord's driver-side door lock.

Turn the key to the unlock position.

Turn the key to the lock position.

Turn the key back to the unlock position. The alarm should now be disabled.

Start your Honda Accord's engine and allow the vehicle to run for at least 10 minutes. This will allow the Accord to reset the alarm. When you're done, you can shut off the Accord and arm the system as usual.

The links may also help. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

https://www.quora.com/The-anti-theft-in-...

http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-a-Factory-C...

Tried it. It does not work.

I had the same problem on a 99 accord, the instructions did not work for me either.

So I left the keys in the ignition and accidentally locked myself out. After opening the passenger side door with a hanger wire, the alarm would go off everytime, even after opening the car with the key. I followed the instructions on how to reset the alarm but it would still go off. What i found out is that since i opened the door with the hanger, i had to reset the alarm inserting the key on that same side (passenger side). Anyways, hopefully this helps somebody else.

once the alarm goes off, stop it using the alarm button on your transmitter.

Lester Moorman will be eternally grateful.