No sound coming out from the AV receiver

No sound coming out from the receiver. I saw a solution on youtube which suggested that if you heat a particular chip for few minutes, it starts working. I used hair dryer to do that. It worked for me for few minutes but the again no sound.

Added a picture

Please advice

Here are the steps that I tried recently

1) Heated the chip with hair dryer for few minutes

2) Let it cool down

3) Pasted heat sink over the chip

4) Started the receiver

5) Sound started coming for few minutes then no sound again

Please advice

I would like to try the option to heat it and then add a heat sink to see if it fix the problem. But that would be my last resort

@vkumar you need to help us helping you. We still need to see where this "chip" is and the function thereof. Post some images as described in my answer.

@vkuma so that is you HDMI board Bchdm-0678 Let's see if we can find any schematic on that.

@vkumar post some images of the chip that you heated up and where it is located on the board. Since it works after you heat it up it is possible that you have cold solder joints or the chip is a flip chip design which has trouble with the solder bumbs (long story ;-). Most of those will have to be replaced to be permanently repaired. Every now and then the addition of a heatsink may resolve it. All this will depend on where and what this IC is. Use this guide to post images so we can see what you see. On select models Onkyo had issue with some transistors overheating and causing the amp to suddenly shut down and/or static noise from speakers. Again, we'll need clarification from you to figure this out.

@vkumar you need to make the component on the image so we can see where you installed the heatsink etc. Check the area outlined by a blue circle in the image. It appears to have some heat issue. Check those components and let us know what you find.

I attached a picture to the original post. Hope that helps. I pasted a heat sink over the chip after heating the chip for few minutes with hair blower. It worked for a minute and then stopped working. No sound again

@vkumar mark the component on the image so we can see where you attached the heatsink etc. Right now all I can immediately identify is an area of what seems to be high heat.

Sounds like that chip is bad. Contact onkyo http://www.onkyousa.com/Support/ and they should help you by fixing the broken part. Normally if its a onboard chip as i'm assuming it is, they are almost impossible to fix without expensive tools. Contact them and see what they can do, if they cant do anything, let me know and ill give you another option.

I tried that and Onkyo support told me that this model does not qualify for fix by Onkyo. Please suggest other option

Temporarily repair a lost-cause graphics card by heating it up in an oven That should help, thats the other option, its a basic guide on how to do it

RVK will be eternally grateful.