Coloured vertical and horizontal lines on my screen

Block Image

Block Image

So about two days ago my monitor had some vertical striped lines on the right side of the screen, they seem to be static and stay the same and im sure it's nothing to do with my computer as when I turn my monitor on and the logo appears the lines also do, It seemed to happen after I accidentally put the palm of my had on the screen and the monitor went onto the black wall and the pressure from my hand must of broken something, So what im asking is is it possible to fix and if yes how much or is it better to buy a new monitor,

Block Image


Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

@griffin1110 that is a broken LCD. You cannot repair it but will have to replace it. The cost for that will depend on availability. The panel should be a Chi Mei panel part number M236H3-LA3. You should verify this by disassembling the monitor and take a look at the panel manufacturer label. Replacement cost is around $200-$300USD

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

Add your answer

Griffin will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 1

Past 7 Days: 2

Past 30 Days: 24

All Time: 428