Wont turn on at all

I have a gigaset tablet bought from QVC it is out of warranty and now it will not power on or light up when a charger is plugged in

Mine will not turn on period, whether I reset it, plug it in, press the power button several times, nothing.

have 4 of them and only 1 works I am very disappointed in this product. it only works for awhile and then quits. I would not buy another of their products.

Most Helpful Answer

Have you tried a different compatible charger?

Don't know your tablet, but if the USB charger cable is able to be unplugged from the charger have you tried a different appropriate USB cable?

Have you tried plugging the tablet into a known working USB port on a computer to see if it charges from there?

If so and none of the above work, then use a strong light and a magnifying glass to visually inspect the USB charge port to ensure that all the pins are there and that they are all straight and parallel with each other. Also check that there is no lint or dust blocking the port enclosure. If there is DO NOT use a metal probe to try and clear it, you may cause some damage. Try using a vacuum cleaner to suck it out. If this doesn't work try gently using a wooden toothpick.

If the port seems OK, plug the charge cord into the port (the other end can be loose and not connected to anything), and gently try to move the plug from side to side to see if it 'feels' loose at all. If so the port may have become disconnected from the systemboard.

As it is most probably a SMD (surface mounted device) type USB connecter you will need the requisite skills and tools to reconnect it to the systemboard. This is not a job for novices. You can cause more damage and problems than before you started if you don't know what you are doing.

I recommend that you contact a reputable, professional electronics repair service or mobile phone repair service and ask for a quote to repair the tablet.

Sometimes the batteries will die and can no longer hold a charge.

Hope Phillips will be eternally grateful.