How to activate touchpad not found in device manager

hi everyone my brother gave me a second gen Samsung 300e series laptop, with windows 10 installed on it. so I choose to downgrade it back to windows 7. after being affected with a virus, I decide to reinstall windows 7. but can gain access when I press the f2 key to enter boot menu.

in trying to gain access into the boot menu I accidently disabled driver signature enforcement and also pressing the fn key with a number of functional keys in the process, I ended up developing a new additional problem, my touchpad was not working anymore.

I successful installed windows 7 with external mouse and still touchpad will not work,

I upgraded back to windows 10 and still it will not work. and there is no elan or any synaptic option in the device manager. any help will be much appreciated thank you.

You will need to be connected to the internet for this. Go to Control Panel- then go to Device Manager. If you see a device with a yellow mark on it, uninstall it (and click on remove driver) then at top, click on Action and select scan for changes.

If this does not work, then click on the Start button, click on the gear icon for setup, click on Update& Security, then click on Check for Updates. Between these two actions you should be able to fix the problem.

You can also go to the manufactures website and download the drivers from there.

@dinaani , look at the top row of the keyboard. The keys F1 - F12 all have little pictures associated to them. One of them looks like a touch pad.

On the keyboard, hold down the "Fn" key plus the key that has the touchpad icon on it.

For example:

thanks man well appreciated but now a new problem. my own was fn+f5. the pointer appears but does not move, and some of the keys on my keyboard are not functioning anymore. e,g,i,o and tab are the keys that are not functioning anymore.

Not sure what model exactly your Samsung laptop is, but replacing the keyboard isn't too difficult, and not to expensive.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40...

Here is a video on how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSGgdaLD...

When you open it up, check to see if the cable for the touchpad is properly attached. If not, that's probably why the touch pad doesn't work. If it is properly attached, replace the touchpad along with the keyboard.

issah will be eternally grateful.