Canon's Rebel XT is one of Canon's original consumer dSLRs. Also marketed as the EOS 350D and the EOS Kiss Digital N.

Pop up flash spring replacement

On my EOS Digital xt, I am having a difficult time replacing the spring for the pop up flash. A diagram would be helpful.

I had the same problem and finally got it fixed last night.

The spring goes in with the slightly longer end with one bend first. This goes in a slot toward the bottom and has to hook around something inside. I put it in with the flash closed but kept checking until I had that end right. To do this I opened the flash while holding the spring until I finally had it so that end of the spring was staying in the slot and not visible. This took several tries. Then I carefully closed the flash while holding the spring and re-attached the top end. For a LONG time I had been trying to just attach this end by turning it counterclockwise and of course it wouldn't stay in the hole. It has to be turned clockwise (going over the top of the spring) and then into it's hole.

I hope my answer is helpful to others with this problem.

Duane Woodruff will be eternally grateful.