Red light next to front camera

The red dot light next to front camera was always off and now for some reason is red always.

Why?

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

The red glow is the proximity sensor. In certain low light situations you may notice the red glow. It's no big deal. Normal functionality. Some are more noticeable that others.

There is no such thing as a water detection light that turns on when it's wet...

+1 - There is no water detection "light" there are sensors inside, but you cannot see them from outside and once they become red they stay red. Unless you're the nefarious type and remember what bleach does... I didn't say that.

Dayum oki so from what I have been reading this past few hour it's like a face decrection light?! Idk maybe not meybe yeah but I just see it in the middle of night night n start flipping it off

I had this problem until recently my screen card broke so I throw the screen card away , now the red light turns off when screen is off. It’s screen card problem.

The red light near the earpiece speaker on an iPhone is caused when the iPhone's water detection sticker is activated. This is a small sticker on the inside of the phone that turns red when it is exposed to moisture or water. The sticker stays red until it dries out, at which point the light should disappear. While the sticker is red, you shouldn't try to use your iPhone as parts inside the phone could also be wet.

Maybe put your iphone in a bag of uncooked rice for a day?

Score -2

There is no such thing as a light that comes on when the stickers are wet. The stickers are nothing special except for stickers. The phone cannot tell when they have been activated. The sensors that show light on the front of the phone are the proximity sensors and thats because they are IR. Some people are more sensitive to IR light and can see it and others cannot.

jkingsnorth, Don't tell me. Tell them:

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/what-...

alberto houtmann will be eternally grateful.