Red light next to front camera

The red dot light next to front camera was always off and now for some reason is red always.

Why?

The red glow is the proximity sensor. In certain low light situations you may notice the red glow. It's no big deal. Normal functionality. Some are more noticeable that others.

There is no such thing as a water detection light that turns on when it's wet...

+1 - There is no water detection "light" there are sensors inside, but you cannot see them from outside and once they become red they stay red. Unless you're the nefarious type and remember what bleach does... I didn't say that.

There is a water detector like the heat detector. I´m sorry but you are wrong.

Lol I found it kinda weird because I only noticed it after I said to Siri “ is it illegal to say I am going to kill the president of the United States”

I asked this because I heard it of a friend and I was making sure.

I’m not sure why this topic is still even getting hits on it. Maybe I am being misunderstood, the “sensors” inside the phone that detect moisture are not electronic, they are a piece of special paper that turns red when exposed to moisture; and subsequently will turn back white when exposed to bleach. The red light the OP is talking about is indeed a proximity sensor and is used to detect the presence of your face normally when you’re on the phone to facilitate disabling the touch screen.

Yes to threaten anyone would most likely trigger a hit to the key words watch for terrorist activity over sounds waves aka phones, cell phones are how they catch most terrorist activity. When siri is on for “hey siri” the phone is always listing for that command and to code that makes it interprets all the words it hears you say, you can go right into settings on iphones and view where the phone has been with times dates and everything. Very needed for speed with gps and such but also can be used as evidence, just simply snapping a photo saves its location, time.. all that but wow, I got a pic from a guy on playstation app and was able to view where he sent it from and his address basically just in my photos locations folder. So be smart, it’s definitely not going to do any sort of good to say your going to kill the president of the US. I mean.. really. Dumpazz:)

Dayum oki so from what I have been reading this past few hour it's like a face decrection light?! Idk maybe not meybe yeah but I just see it in the middle of night night n start flipping it off

Omg, I was also FREAKING OUT at midnight, and putting my finger over the camera! I felt like I was being WATCHED, but this comment helped me feel SO much better! So THANKS my fellow paranoid friend! (Not saying your paranoid, but I am so I just wrote that... sorry.. ok...... bye )

I had this problem until recently my screen card broke so I throw the screen card away , now the red light turns off when screen is off. It’s screen card problem.

Maybe the small red light has more alert functions.

Omg I just noticed today that there is a red dot!!! And apparently it's the face time camera so like when ur on FaceTime the light is on but I'm not on FaceTime and the red light is still on (maybe I'm wrong tho)

It actually appears when your lighting is bad but if its good lighting (very bright) then you have a problem with your pho e

Yes. I think it’s when your lighting is bad. Because when I turned up my lighting it went away and I couldn’t a see it. And now that I put it all the way down. It’s very bright red dot and makes me think someone’s watching me. I think this makes so much sense so if anyone is on here worrying the frick out bc u feel like someone is watching you so u had to put your finger over the camera button like I did, There’s nothing to worry ab. Oh my lord im so happy I went on this website. I was flipping out and it’s midnight

From what I have been reading Sousa like bull but it seems accurate because I spoke with the I phone creator and she said that there is a sticker inside witch tries on when wet so all he said was that just keep you phone alway form water wile the light is on because I cloud damage your phone if not so your welcome

I ment to say he said btw

there isn't a heat sensor its the fbi spying on us. period.

Hey. The light that you’re seeing is just the proximity sensor. You should only be able to see it in dark conditions, like at night when you're on your phone, but during the day it isn’t on, unless if you’re on a phone call to turn off your screen.

The red light near the earpiece speaker on an iPhone is caused when the iPhone's water detection sticker is activated. This is a small sticker on the inside of the phone that turns red when it is exposed to moisture or water. The sticker stays red until it dries out, at which point the light should disappear. While the sticker is red, you shouldn't try to use your iPhone as parts inside the phone could also be wet.

Maybe put your iphone in a bag of uncooked rice for a day?

There is no such thing as a light that comes on when the stickers are wet. The stickers are nothing special except for stickers. The phone cannot tell when they have been activated. The sensors that show light on the front of the phone are the proximity sensors and thats because they are IR. Some people are more sensitive to IR light and can see it and others cannot.

jkingsnorth, Don't tell me. Tell them:

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/what-...

It’s just a red dot telling you it’s time to get off your phone. I’m just kidding. I can’t exactly remember the name of what it’s called. And dooont tell me in the comments. But it’s just when ur phone is in the dark and it is basically telling you to turn up ur brightness cause it’s bad lighting. BuUuUuUut. U don’t have to cause I’m pretty sure it’s just another one of thoes lil myths parents tell u so u don’t “hurt” your eyes. I mean! I can just eat some carrots and make them all better! Just give up all ready!

All the light is is a proximity sensor. The sensor uses IR (InfraRED)

There is no such thing as a freaking water detecting sticker. The light may get brighter or dimmer depending on the ambient light in your area.

But a lot of electronic devices have the liquid contact indicator stickers in the phone that are initally white and go red when in contact with water.

It isn't entirely wrong but yeah the idea of it being the red dot on screen is wrong.

my iphone 5s was drooped in water and isnt turning on and is flashing a red light next to front camera?? How to fix it

alberto houtmann will be eternally grateful.