Red light next to front camera

The red dot light next to front camera was always off and now for some reason is red always.

Why?

The red glow is the proximity sensor. In certain low light situations you may notice the red glow. It's no big deal. Normal functionality. Some are more noticeable that others.

There is no such thing as a water detection light that turns on when it's wet...

+1 - There is no water detection "light" there are sensors inside, but you cannot see them from outside and once they become red they stay red. Unless you're the nefarious type and remember what bleach does... I didn't say that.

There is a water detector like the heat detector. I´m sorry but you are wrong.

Lol I found it kinda weird because I only noticed it after I said to Siri “ is it illegal to say I am going to kill the president of the United States”

I asked this because I heard it of a friend and I was making sure.

Dayum oki so from what I have been reading this past few hour it's like a face decrection light?! Idk maybe not meybe yeah but I just see it in the middle of night night n start flipping it off

I had this problem until recently my screen card broke so I throw the screen card away , now the red light turns off when screen is off. It’s screen card problem.

Maybe the small red light has more alert functions.

Omg I just noticed today that there is a red dot!!! And apparently it's the face time camera so like when ur on FaceTime the light is on but I'm not on FaceTime and the red light is still on (maybe I'm wrong tho)

It actually appears when your lighting is bad but if its good lighting (very bright) then you have a problem with your pho e

From what I have been reading Sousa like bull but it seems accurate because I spoke with the I phone creator and she said that there is a sticker inside witch tries on when wet so all he said was that just keep you phone alway form water wile the light is on because I cloud damage your phone if not so your welcome

I ment to say he said btw

there isn't a heat sensor its the fbi spying on us. period.

Hey. The light that you’re seeing is just the proximity sensor. You should only be able to see it in dark conditions, like at night when you're on your phone, but during the day it isn’t on, unless if you’re on a phone call to turn off your screen.

The red light near the earpiece speaker on an iPhone is caused when the iPhone's water detection sticker is activated. This is a small sticker on the inside of the phone that turns red when it is exposed to moisture or water. The sticker stays red until it dries out, at which point the light should disappear. While the sticker is red, you shouldn't try to use your iPhone as parts inside the phone could also be wet.

Maybe put your iphone in a bag of uncooked rice for a day?

There is no such thing as a light that comes on when the stickers are wet. The stickers are nothing special except for stickers. The phone cannot tell when they have been activated. The sensors that show light on the front of the phone are the proximity sensors and thats because they are IR. Some people are more sensitive to IR light and can see it and others cannot.

jkingsnorth, Don't tell me. Tell them:

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/what-...

alberto houtmann will be eternally grateful.