Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

iPhone 7 screen has a white dot. A place on the display is very bright

Please see the picture. Don't know what wrong.

Has it ever been wet?

no. The water never goes into the screen. In fact, this is a full original new screen. After i install the screen, i just saw that white dot. I am sure the metal plate and screws are correctly installed. I do repairs for some years.

Just had my screen replaced and i have the same spot in exact same place

Hi, have you resolved the problem ?

You must re-place the flex cables, its the "silver box" on the display flex cable that is misplaced.

Most Helpful Answer

Screen damage pressure? White spot

If you are still under warranty or AppleCare, you can have Aple replace the screen.

I figured out what's causing the white dots on the screen. It has to do with the silver, rectangular box that's on the ribbon cables. If you fold the ribbon cables up tight on the back of the screen before covering them with the heat shield it causes the silver rectangle box on the ribbon cables to be too high, therefore it's pressing against components in the rear casing when you put the front and back back together. You have to leave a little slack on the ribbon cables when you fold them up and before you tighten the screws on the heat shield. There's an opening in the rear of the phone that's purposely left vacant where this silver, rectangle box should be falling into when the two halves are put together . You may have to play with how much slack you leave on the ribbon cables a few times to get it lined up properly. But once you figure out exactly how much slack to leave and where to line up the silver, rectangular box then you'll never have the white dot problem again. Keep in mind also that the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus are a bit different. So you'll have to experiment with each one separately.

This is from the IC cover on the screen itself, it is not sitting in the phone correctly. We see this all the time, is all you have to do is open it back up and adjust the cable to fit into the slot between the loud speaker and the digi/lcd connector plate (look at photo

) Simply align the ic cover correctly and you will have no white marking on the screen. Very common issue here and an easy resolution. DO NOT BRING THAT INTO APPLE!!!!

This is pressure between the screen and the inside of the iPhone. Try another screen - check all screws are in correct place and tightened (not too tight) also try removing the metal back plate and reinstalling.

Hi, anyone else who have this problem. I have changed the screen with 3 different displays, and all of them have the dot on the same place. What I am doing wrong?

Hi, did you get any good solutions now ?

First off the screen you installed is not original

Second thing about the screen cable has a component (gray length - a touch element) if it is not in its place when you close the screen it push the screen from the inside and make damge on LCD

any dots its somthing pushing the LCD fron inside

some problem wuth connection

I have also tried that with iPhone 7 screens, even if its white or black screens. Dont go the cheap quality of the screens.

I tried to bend the little squad on the metal plate, near where the little box on ribbon cable. And if it is not enough I bend a little more and check if the two cables not bend the metal cover.

As a cell phone technician I’ve fixed hundreds of these phones and had this problem in the beginning until I figured it out. It’s caused by the silver, rectangular box that’s on the ribbon cables attached to the bottom of the screen being too high up and putting pressure on the front screen. Before tightening the heat shield over the ribbon cables try moving the ribbon cables with the silver box down slightly, then tighten the heat shield screws. This will cause the silver, rectangular box to be lower and line up with the opening that’s in the back of the cell phone when you put the front and back together.

I have the same issues with both iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro. The iPhone has multiple bright spots, the iPad a 1/2” spot located about 2” above the home button. They have never been disassembled and the phone has accumulated the spots over time. My assumption has been that there may have been external pressure focused on the areas such as the edge of a travel mug while both were in a bag. Having no knowledge of the internals I couldn’t guess as to heat or cables or internal pressures.

Apple was brilliant in creating the multi- hundred dollar disposable gadgetry, and now breaches the thousand dollar disposable. Apple stock pays for my Apple toys.

Peter will be eternally grateful.