Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

iPhone 7 screen has a white dot. A place on the display is very bright

Please see the picture. Don't know what wrong.

Has it ever been wet?

no. The water never goes into the screen. In fact, this is a full original new screen. After i install the screen, i just saw that white dot. I am sure the metal plate and screws are correctly installed. I do repairs for some years.

Just had my screen replaced and i have the same spot in exact same place

Most Helpful Answer

Screen damage pressure? White spot

If you are still under warranty or AppleCare, you can have Aple replace the screen.

This is pressure between the screen and the inside of the iPhone. Try another screen - check all screws are in correct place and tightened (not too tight) also try removing the metal back plate and reinstalling.

I've repaired several iPhone7s and have seen this same problem many times. Don't have a solution yet but I can tell you this . . .

It's definitely a pressure problem like Lily mentioned above. Because if I turn on the phone before installing the screen back into the rear case, the white dots aren't there. So it's pressing on something. I know I'm putting the screens back into the correct spots so it's not that either. And I wouldn't recommending removing the metal back plate (unless you're doing it just as a test to see if problem goes away). The metal shield blocks the heat of the battery from affecting the screen and does other things as well.

But I just discovered something today that I'm going to try on my next iPhone7 repair . . . It's recommended that the four screws that hold the lower display cover be installed in a certain order. And I've been consistently putting them back in in the opposite order. The order they recommend is start with the three smaller screws going in order from the bottom to the top, then install the longer one to the right last. I'll be trying this next time and see if it works/helps. Hope it helps you all!

Peter will be eternally grateful.