Repair guides and support for Panasonic's Viera line of televisions.

Sub titles have come up , how do I get rid of them

We turned the TV on last night and we had sub titles, I am a little old lady, and cant find how to disable it in the manual, it is most annoying when trying to watch a show.

Thank you, but I pressed Menu but I don't have any "CC" boo whoo " Picture= sound= set up" is what came up on menu, I clicked on those 3 and still had no CC

Hi @shaunepawn ,

If you have a genuine Panasonic Viera remote control unit for the TV there should be a button on the remote labelled CC. Press that button to turn the closed captions on and off, i.e press to turn on, press again to turn off or perhaps it may be press to select option then press OK button.

See the image to where it may be located on the remote (look for the green highlight arrow at the top of the remote in the image).

As you haven't stated the model number of your TV I'm hoping that it will still be of some help.

(click on image to enlarge for better viewing).

1. While watching the Tv press the MENU button on your remote.

2. Navigate to the icon that says "CC". Then click on select.

3. In CC Menu Settings, navigate to "MODE" and change it off. CC modes will disappear from the television screen.

I tried all of these options and it still stays on all the time. Very annoying indeed. Is there another way to disable the feature when the Cc buttons just don’t work!

I have a 10 year old Viera 32 inch that has one line of cc text that won’t go away. I see this same problem that folks with other makes have the same problem.

I just turned my tv off then turned it on and it was gone. CC started working again. Some programs seem to start it ok then CC freezes after a while. The main setting is in the menu in Setup. I did the CC reset. So the setting I have is Analog CC1, Digital is Primary (with a yellow dot or square. If you don’t want CC, there is a off setting above the Analog setting.

Anyway it seems to be CC choking on itself.

2 Comments:

If you have sttl button just below tv on control this will turn off subtitles. I accidently foumd it on my panel

As my control has no cc button

I don't have a CC button either, turns out it is the STTL button instead. Took me ages to work it out! Its on the row under the volume buttons.

2 Comments:

I have a Panasonic biers and the SSTL button won’t turn off the subtitles. Any ideas?

Sorry Panasonic Viera

Sandra will be eternally grateful.