Repair guides and support for Panasonic's Viera line of televisions.

Sub titles have come up , how do I get rid of them

We turned the TV on last night and we had sub titles, I am a little old lady, and cant find how to disable it in the manual, it is most annoying when trying to watch a show.

Thank you, but I pressed Menu but I don't have any "CC" boo whoo " Picture= sound= set up" is what came up on menu, I clicked on those 3 and still had no CC

Hi @shaunepawn ,

If you have a genuine Panasonic Viera remote control unit for the TV there should be a button on the remote labelled CC. Press that button to turn the closed captions on and off, i.e press to turn on, press again to turn off or perhaps it may be press to select option the press OK button.

See the image to where it may be located on the remote (look for the green highlight arrow at the top of the remote in the image).

As you haven't stated the model number of your TV I'm hoping that it will still be of some help.

(click on image to enlarge for better viewing).

1. While watching the Tv press the MENU button on your remote.

2. Navigate to the icon that says "CC". Then click on select.

3. In CC Menu Settings, navigate to "MODE" and change it off. CC modes will disappear from the television screen.

Sandra will be eternally grateful.