Released in North America in November 2006.

Controller will not sync with Wii

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Who would of thought it was that easy! Thanks!

I was so happy! I my threw hands in the air, whisper shouting yes. I thought it was because I also have a Wii U.

How do I sync my controller ? I did all the steps and no lights come on on my control. I have new batteries in too. Several sets. Please help.

Same here. I couldn't get mine to work either but I have the Rock Candy remotes for an original Wii because I bought it used and no remotes came with it.

Worked a treat when I followed instructions. Thank you. 3/1/2018 SeaVixen man

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Have you tried to resync it. I found this

1. Press the Power button on the Wii console to turn it on.

2. Remove the battery cover on the back of the Wii Remote you wish to sync up, and open the SD Card Slot cover on the front of the Wii console. (The SD Card Slot is the small door located near the disc drive slot.)

3. Press and release the SYNC button just below the batteries on the Wii Remote; the Player LED will blink. Quickly press and release the SYNC button on the inside of the SD Card compartment on the console.

4. When the Player LED blinking stops, the syncing is complete. The LED that is illuminated indicates the player number (1 through 4).

Or you could try this. Connect by pressing the red button on your wii remote. It should start flashing for about 30 secs or so. Then, while its flashing, press the red button on your wii console, open the flap under the reset button to find it. once you have done that continously press 1 and 2 at THE SAME TIME 10 times then press power button on top left of remote, press the A button and that could make it work. For further info http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems... good luck

Worked perfectly when I tried to sync my rock candy remote to my Wii. Thank you!

Yessssssss it works gee wiz thank you so much...we were trying for a while!

i have tried all the steps on the first comment but still unable to make it work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

It didn't work i did everything and still doesn't work.

Try unplugging your Wii console from the power cord for a few minutes. Then plug the power back up turn on the Wii. Now follow the normal steps to sync your remote. (Push the red button on the remote then the red button on the Wii). This worked for me the first time I tryed it. Don't ask why cause I have no idea.

Brilliant! This worked for us. Thanks

It worked when I was syncing my rock candy remote

This worked great!!!

Omg thank you so much I did everything then I saw your and did it thanks so much

Thanks so much! Now I can watch Netflix again! :D

Turn on wii. Press A to main wii menu (with another working remote). If no remote is yet synced wii should prompt you to do so at this point, either way continue to next step.

Press and hold red sync button (inside little door under power button) for 3 seconds.

Then press red sync button on the remote (under battery door). lights will flash and one will stay lit to show you which player that remote has become.

**You can sync your remotes to other game consoles, however each time you change consoles that you are playing you will need to re sync your remote. ( not all remotes just the ones played on another console)

Happy gaming. -B

Thanks Bridget,it worked

Thank you. That worked !

This is the method to sync the remote to the device.....if you do this and it doesn't work then follow method from above comment, which is to unplug the power cord from the console for a few minutes then plug it back in and try to sync again...

Thank you so very much. I followed the suggestions of others and nothing worked. Now we have 4 working controllers for Family Game Night. Thanks again.

Does the sd card have to be in there?

Go to home menu,wii remote settings,Reconnect press 1 and 2 rapidly hope this works -Crazychicken

This only see works if controller won't connect when already synced.

You can also use a screen cleaning cleaner and a cloth to clean the remote sensor bar that is mounted atop your TV.

Replace the Bluetooth module. See Youtube videos for instruction.

I had two units non working Wii, one won't sync no matter what procedure I followed. It was a hardware problem which got fixed by replacing the Bluetooth board I bought from Ebay.

I also had another Wii that had a blank display. This was also fixed by replacing the Bluetooth module.

If the other procedures don't work, try this hardware fix.

cyberworldzero will be eternally grateful.