Repair guides for machines designed to move slowly and get big jobs done, including farm vehicles and construction vehicles designed for specialty tasks.

Why is the tiller not spinning when the PTO shaft is?

It seams to be the part between the PTO shaft coming from the tractor and the gearbox on the tiller. From the looks of the diagram I found online it looks like the friction clutch assembly is just spinning freely around the shaft that goes into the gearbox on the tiller. Not sure what could be the problem or what part I may need to fix it.

@rogershepherd post the diagram and a few images on what you are working on with your question. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question for that. we'll need to know what tractor and what tiller. Right now it sounds like the PTO out is okay, just nothing happening on the tiller end. Check for any shear pins and the drive.

look up slip clutch adjustments,

Roger Shepherd will be eternally grateful.