Yellow and blue patches on new LCD

I decided to get my old 2008 silver non-retina Macbook Pro 15" which I hadnt used for years back to life. Only half the screen was working, the battery was dead and a fan was running very slow. Replaced the battery, the fans and checked the display connectors and they seemed to be all ok so decided to replace the screen.

An original display assembly was cheaper than just the LCD (!) so replaced the whole assembly. Now even after replacement, I see these blue and yellow patches on the top of the screen and some ghosty shadows around text on screen. I also feel the LCD pixels are more visible (or maybe I am just spoiled by retina screens). I noticed the same patches and ghost on the half broken old screen.

The display connectors are all new and I cleaned the connectors on the board before installing it. Could this have something to do with the display IC on the motherboard?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I read about the GPU issues with this model. Could it be just that? If it is, I will not spend any more time on salvaging this.

This series uses the main RAM for video. See if a fresh set of RAM modules improves things otherwise the LVDS cable may have some slight damage.

Vatsan will be eternally grateful.