The first Android smartphone from Google, the Pixel XL (Model Number: G-2PW2100) was launched October 20, 2016. It has a 5.5-inch AMOLED display, 3450 mAh battery, and 32 or 128 GB storage options.

Whats the best way to clean and maintain the USB-C port?

Love my Pixel XL, but I've had issues with the USB-C port getting dirt and fluff stuck in it etc... What is the best way to clean this without damaging any components, and also any advice on keeping it clean.

@frobert , Robert, Use canned compressed air to blow the dust from port( if need be, carefully pick lint out with tooth pick) and then cover port with a small piece of tape to keep clean. Remove and reapply tape when required or you may be able to purchase USB-C Dust Plugs as seen in the link below . Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

https://www.amazon.com/PortPlugs-Pairs-U...

I used a sliver of plastic cut from a clamshell blister pack as a pick to remove compacted lint from my USB C, but yeah a wooden tooth-pick is thin enough would also work.

I agree with the toothpick answer, most of the dust in my port is so compacted that compressed air wouldn't even touch it. I just carefully inserted the toothpick while making sure to hold it against the outside edge and once I reached the bottom of the port (the point furthest in) I gently applied pressure and an insane amount of dust and dirt came out. My port works like new again, I thought the click when it plugged in just wore down, it was just so full of dirt it couldn't reach the point where it "clicked" in.

I had to use a metal safety pin to clean out mine. The lent was so compacted it was about as solid as a rock. I vigorously grinded the inside of the port with the pin and was finally able to get fast charging back.

there is a risk of short circuit if you probe the port with a metal object. but I suspect that the manufacturer has mitigated this in the design.

I had an old banana sitting in the bottom of my backpack after a long weekend. When I set out for work, placed my MacBook Pro on top of the squishy, and ultimately leaky, banana directly into the usb ports of the laptop. Then I made matters worse, since I didn't realize where the goo came from etc, so I just plugged the cord right into the port. After realizing the connection wasn't working I pressed really hard. You get the idea, but it wasn't good. :)

The solution for me was to (1) use a toothpick to remove any of the major debris (see above) and then (2) use a toothbrush to remove the little bits remaining. For the tooth brush, I was methodical about keeping a high but acute angle. I worked at cleaning the ports for maybe 3 minutes or so each? I blew everything out and it works like a champ and the port is super clean and all my devices plug into and work flawlessly.

I hope that's helpful as a nother approach.

Robert French will be eternally grateful.