Repair guides and support for desktop computers produced by Asus including towers and all-in-one display PCs.

Can't open Asus AIO for change HDD

Hello everyone,

I have an AIO ASUS ET2230INT and when buying an SSD and arranging to change it I find that it does not have any screws, nor see how to open it.

I leave two images of my computer.

http://www.asus.com/media/global/product...

http://www.asus.com/websites/global/prod...

There are models similar to this that in the corners have screws to be able to open, but this one does not have.

I found these 3 screws, but removing them I still can not find a way to open it.

http://i68.tinypic.com/24e8ghs.jpg

The cover you see is to change the ram, I have seen in the manual and only indicates how to change the ram, nothing to open it.

Does anyone know if it can be opened and how?

Thank you.

Couldn't see the screws that you had linked, try this to add images to your question.

Here is a link to a video which I think that you may have seen.

Did you look under any of the stickers at all? Also it says that there are several plastic tabs holding the back cover to the front. Perhaps yours is all tabs, no screws. If there are any 'feet' on the base (can't see it too well) perhaps they may be under them.

Just some thoughts.

Could be that once the screws are removed, there is a series of snaps along the entire thing. Get something like a spudger or a small flat head screwdriver to pry along the edge if there looks to be a seam. If you dont see a seam around the sides of the computer, dont try that.

migueltroncoso is right.

The ASUS ET2230I AIO does not have the four screw covers in the four corners on the back. There are NO covers of any sort, just smooth plastic! The only screws to find are in the optical drive bay and 2 of them can only be accessed by taking the door(front piece) off of the drive and pushing the drive back in. The edge of the back cover is close to the front glass and there is only one small "slot" on the bottom edge to put a spudger into. HELP!

Roger, I finally figured this out on my own. I had to remove the 4 screws in the DVD bay first. After this, using a spudger tool, I pried the back panel away from the screen. Be gentle and do this slowly as the touchscreen glass could break. Once this is done, you can remove the base and slide the panel off the unit to get it out of the way. Put the base back on while you do your work. Only put the panel back on once all work is complete.

This answer was originally to another question.

Here is a 2700 disassembly video. It may help you figure out how to take your's apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MctmOvfm...

The ET2230I does not have the four screw covers in the four corners on the back like this vid.

migueltroncoso is right.

I have the same computer and have the same problem. Its the one time I think I may bring it to a pc store. Its aggravating. I see the one hole on the back side that has a symbol of a lock but cant seem to do anything to unlock it.

Have you figured out how to open the %#*@ thing up since you first posted?

Okay I figured it out. Its not real difficult. You take out the 4 screws near the inside edge of the DVD bay,all grouped together,the 3 screws you can see are easy,there is a flat head screw that is real hard to get at (or even see near the bottom corner of the DVD bay. I sacrificed my DVD bay door and ROM but now that the cover is off I can put a new one in and leave the last screw out upon assembly.

Now that you have the screws out,on the bottom of the ribbed plastic about an inch from the Brightness buttons you will see a small notch,I used a medium sized flat screw driver put it in the slot and gave it a 3/4 turn and unhinged it. Move your way around(counter clockwise) the whole circumference of the cover and inch by inch the cover will come right off. Now replace the hard drive,and in my case also the DVD ROM.

migueltroncoso will be eternally grateful.