Is rear mic replaceable?

Just heard back from an authorized Apple technician and he also agreed with what the geniusbar guys told me: an issue in the rear mic is a whole unit replacement i.e. £287

It is replaceable. The rear mic is located on the power/volume flex cable. The repair is a bit of a pain but take it slow, stay organized and you will be fine.

iPhone 6s Audio Control Cable

iPhone 6s Audio Control Cable Image

Thanks for the quick reply.

Any idea why Apple refuses to replace it?

Apple makes no money and doesn't want to service your device. Their goal is to sell. I've had Apple tell my customers that the headphone jack on an iPhone 6 is soldered onto the logic board, totally false. I can type all day with examples of what Apple has told their customers that simply aren't true.

Tassos Roumpanis will be eternally grateful.