The wi-fi only version of Apple's iPad Air, model number A1474. Available in Space Gray or Silver, it packs the custom A7 processor and ships in 16, 32, 64, and 128 GB configurations.

Damaged Pads on Logic Board

Hi Guys,

I've been given an iPad Air with charging issues. Having opened it up, it's clear that someone has already tried to attempt a fix and managed to damage pads in the process (Where the Dock and Speaker ribbon connects to the Logic Board).

Let me know if you think it's worth trying to fix. I'm hoping a fine wire bridge might be possible. Any advice on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ben

I am also curious about this

Also would it be fixable to do this for U2401, touch ic on iPhone 6+?

bennyboy399 any chance you can zoom out and take a straight picture? No artistic expressions required.

@theimedic what are thinking off? Trying to figure out what your plan is:-)

bennyboy399 lets start you off with identifying what those pins do. I attached the images that are pertinent to that. Pins 1,2,46,47 are marked. So all you have to do now is clean up your connector and see what purpose those pins have.

Here is the layout of the pins

Now marked on your image

and here is the schematic

Compare that to the pads that are missing on yours. Looks like Pin 22 is completely missing, which would be ground. 24 still seems to partially there and could be fixed (need a cleaner and better image)

Put flux on and clean up the pads. Get a board view and schematic and see what those pins do. Could be easily fixable if those pins are ground, check what they are. They could be speaker, home button, charge port, etc.

bennyboy399 will be eternally grateful.