This is for the Dell XPS 15 (9550/9560) with Infinity Edge Display.

Windows 10 says password is incorrect when it wakes up from Sleep

This morning, I turned on my laptop and entered my password to sign in to Windows 10. Everything was normal as usual. In the noon, I put the laptop to sleep and then I left. After an hour, I resumed it, but Windows 10 said my password is incorrect. I checked my password several times and I’m quite certain it is correct, but the Windows 10 keeps saying the password is incorrect. I tried to restart Windows 10, but it still did not work. Why is this? How can I sign back to my Windows 10 now?

Hello. Have you solved your problem? I think you have to change your password before you can login. If you use a Microsoft account, you can change the password on account.live.com/password/reset. If you use a local account, you have to change the password with a bootable USB flash drive.

http://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/windo...

Thanks for your information, Liana Ross. I changed my password, as you said, and now my problem is resolved.

Try disabling the option to prompt for password when the computer wakes up. To do that go to Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> Power Options >> Edit Plan Settings >> Change advanced plan settings >> Change the settings for "Require a password on wakeup" to "No". Then check if you are able to boot to the Desktop.

if you forgot your windows login password, try iseepassword windows password recovery tool to reset your password.

https://www.iseepassword.com/reset-windo...

It's possible that you've enabled NumLock or your keyboard input layout was changed. Try to type your password using the on-screen keyboard.

http://www.top-password.com/blog/passwor...

If you use a Microsoft account, make sure the your PC is connected to the Internet while logging in.

Best option is to look on the internet for a way to bypass the password and get in to change it. Normally on windows 7 this can be done using CMD in recovery mode but i have no clue on windows 10. Try researching it. Hope

I suffer this problem occasionally and could not work out why. I have started to track this down recently to when Windows 10 or Microsoft is doing a silent install (which it does too frequently when not active).

When the computer wakes up from power save it wants a Password or PIN but the correct one is not accepted. If you use START:POWER you see that the computer asks for "update and shutdown" or "update and restart". I pick "update and shutdown" and then boot the computer; it now accepts the normal password or PIN to logon as usual.

There is something strange when these silent installs happen in Windows 10 and the computer needs restarting because nothing tells you this after waking up from power save and your computer Password or PIN will not be accepted. This is a really annoying feature in Windows 10

Sofia Bray will be eternally grateful.