This is for the Dell XPS 15 (9550/9560) with Infinity Edge Display.

Windows 10 says password is incorrect when it wakes up from Sleep

This morning, I turned on my laptop and entered my password to sign in to Windows 10. Everything was normal as usual. In the noon, I put the laptop to sleep and then I left. After an hour, I resumed it, but Windows 10 said my password is incorrect. I checked my password several times and I’m quite certain it is correct, but the Windows 10 keeps saying the password is incorrect. I tried to restart Windows 10, but it still did not work. Why is this? How can I sign back to my Windows 10 now?

Hello. Have you solved your problem? I think you have to change your password before you can login. If you use a Microsoft account, you can change the password on account.live.com/password/reset. If you use a local account, you have to change the password with a bootable USB flash drive.

http://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/windo...

Thanks for your information, Liana Ross. I changed my password, as you said, and now my problem is resolved.

Try disabling the option to prompt for password when the computer wakes up. To do that go to Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> Power Options >> Edit Plan Settings >> Change advanced plan settings >> Change the settings for "Require a password on wakeup" to "No". Then check if you are able to boot to the Desktop.

if you forgot your windows login password, try iseepassword windows password recovery tool to reset your password.

https://www.iseepassword.com/reset-windo...

Step 1: Check whether it is because of wrong spell

1. Whether Caps Lock is enabled but the login password is lowercase

2. If NumLock is opened but the password doesn’t include digital number

3. Have typed wrong characters in password

Step 2: Check whether Windows 10 Microsoft account password is changed

As we know, we could change the Windows 10 login password by Microsoft password reset service (https://account.live.com/password/reset). So probably Microsoft account password has been changed but you forgot or didn’t know. At this time, if you cannot remember the new password of Microsoft account, please change it again with Microsoft service or Windows 10 Password Genius.

Step 3: Remove all Windows 10 incorrect passwords

Besides above several tries, actually there is a powerful utility, iSunshare Windows 10 Password Genius that can solve your problem at once. It will remove all Windows 10 passwords, so that you don’t need to think about the right one or waste s your time to check one by one.

I want to change my password for a good reason, but when I went to change it said my current password is wrong, and it is most definitely not, it works every time, so what can I do??

It's possible that you've enabled NumLock or your keyboard input layout was changed. Try to type your password using the on-screen keyboard.

http://www.top-password.com/blog/passwor...

If you use a Microsoft account, make sure the your PC is connected to the Internet while logging in.

Most Helpful Answer

As long as the password you typed doesn’t match the right one, the Windows 10 system will prompt you that password is incorrect. And this is probably caused by different kinds of reasons. So you need to think about and check them one by one.

Step 1: Check whether Windows 10 password is incorrect because of wrong spell

• 1. Whether Caps Lock is enabled but the login password is lowercase
  • 2. If NumLock is opened but the password doesn’t include digital number
  • 3. Have typed wrong characters in password

Step 2: Check whether Windows 10 Microsoft account password has been changed

As we know, even though Microsoft account has been added to Windows 10 logon, you still could change the Windows 10 login password by Microsoft password reset service (https://account.live.com/password/reset). So probably Microsoft account password has been changed but you forgot or didn’t know. At this time, if you cannot remember the new password of Microsoft account, please change it again with Microsoft service or Windows 10 Password Genius.

Besides above several tries, actually there is a powerful utility, iSunshare Windows 10 Password Genius that can solve your problem at once. It will remove all Windows 10 passwords, so that you don’t need to think about the right one or waste your time on password check.

Best option is to look on the internet for a way to bypass the password and get in to change it. Normally on windows 7 this can be done using CMD in recovery mode but i have no clue on windows 10. Try researching it. Hope

I suffer this problem occasionally and could not work out why. I have started to track this down recently to when Windows 10 or Microsoft is doing a silent install (which it does too frequently when not active).

When the computer wakes up from power save it wants a Password or PIN but the correct one is not accepted. If you use START:POWER you see that the computer asks for "update and shutdown" or "update and restart". I pick "update and shutdown" and then boot the computer; it now accepts the normal password or PIN to logon as usual.

There is something strange when these silent installs happen in Windows 10 and the computer needs restarting because nothing tells you this after waking up from power save and your computer Password or PIN will not be accepted. This is a really annoying feature in Windows 10

Here is How to disable Password login in windows 10

Search in the taskbar netplwiz

Now user accounts info window will pop up.

Now, select the user account for which you want to disable the password login. Now, uncheck the option which says user must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

A new window will come out in which you have to confirm your passwords. Use password for your user account here and press ok button.Now, press OK or hit enter.

Source:- http://merabheja.com/disable-password-lo...

Sofia Bray will be eternally grateful.