Try the following to see if it is a hardware or a software problem.
1. Backup the phone using the phone's backup feature.
2. Fully charge the battery, remove the external SD Card (if any installed). Disconnect the charger when the battery is fully charged.
3. Perform a master reset using the phone's factory reset feature.
Be aware that a reset will erase all your data and downloaded apps. it will restore the phone to its' factory default condition. It will be like when you first bought it. That is why it is important to perform a backup first
Here is a link that shows how to perform a master reset.
4. Once the phone has been reset, use it in this condition and see how it performs.
If it still displays the same problem then there is a hardware problem with the phone.
You have you stated that you have only had the phone for less than a year '....I recently got this phone not even a year ago.....' , have you had the phone since new?
If so, then the phone is covered by the manufacturer's 12 month warranty. Verify the purchase date as shown on the sales receipt or any other proof of purchase document . Here is a link to the manufacturer's warranty provisions. It details what to do to make a claim for a warranty repair or replacement.
5.If the phone now works OK, restore the phone from the backup you made before, using the phone's restore feature.
6. Once the phone has been restored, check to see if the problem is still occurring. Give it enough time to either fail or if it continues to work that you are sure that it is OK.
7. If it is OK then the reset has fixed the problem.
8. If it now is faulty again a downloaded app may be the cause of the problem. The trick is to find out which one. You have to uninstall each downloaded app, one by one, and then check how the phone behaves between each uninstallation. When it finally performs normally the last downloaded app uninstalled will be the cause of the problem. To help speed up this process try to correlate between when the problem first started and if you installed any new apps around about that time. This will not help if any existing downloaded apps were updated around that time as they may have been OK before.
Hopefully this is of some help.