This LG Tribute smartphone is identified by model number LS660. The device was released in October of 2014 and runs on the Android operating system.

Why won't it turn on?

I was watching a youtube video on my LG tribute and my screen went black. It's happened before, but I usually just pop the battery out and restart it but this time it didn't work. It shows the images of the starting screen when it's starting up but when it gets to my virgin mobile screen, where my lock screen would be it just goes black. I've tried to charge it up and I've tried to take the battery out for a day but that didn't work either. I can feel it vibrating when I hold down the power button but I have no idea what's wrong with it. I should probably mention that I accidentally spilled some water on my phone about 2 weeks ago, and I put it in rice and it was perfectly fine. I'm not sure if that's a factor of why this is happening or not. I can't afford to get a new phone and it has a bunch of important stuff on it. Please help!! Thank you.

Never put a device in rice the starch in the rice causes havoc in the phone . sounds like the corrosion has set in on the circuit board and is shorting out the phone You may be able to save the phone by cleaning it thoroughly

Clean every connection with a soft toothbrush. As well clean the logic board; use a 90+% isopropyl alcohol for all cleaning. Now is the time to start drying out the phone. Set the screen in a desiccant or silica gel leave it in for several days moving it from time to time to get the max effect from the desiccant. Use a blow dryer on a low heat setting to dry the rest of the phone. Only use a hair dryer once you have cleaned the phone completely with the alcohol. Do not attempt to dry the phone if it’s still wet with water with the blow dryer as this only spreads the water. Replace the battery with a new one considers the old ones done. Clean again with isopropyl alcohol let dry and when you think everything is clean and dry reassemble the phone (make sure to clean the contacts on the screen after removing from the desiccant). Once you've reassembled the phone it’s time to power it on. Hold your breath and hope for the best. you may also find this guide helpful

Electronics Water Damage

Emi . will be eternally grateful.