wireless mouse not working

I have new laptop i5-556UA

I got wireless Srocker mouse

windows 10 home

plugged into USB - device manager finds it, says it working fine, even went to see about updating driver and says I have updated driver

however it will not function - only touchpad mouse works (even tried fn f9 to turn off touchpad)

Is the dongle plugged into usb 2 or usb 3 (blue (usually)). Sometime USB3 ports act funny

These are three working solutions, if they help you:-

Fix 1:

Remove USB receiver and wireless mouse battery for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds now reattach USB receiver and mouse battery and turn on your wireless mouse. This fix is working in my friend’s Logitech wireless mouse.

Fix 2:

1. Go to RUN (Win Logo + R) and type “devmgmt.msc” to open device manager.

2. Now find Mice and other pointing devices and find your wireless mouse.

3. Now right click on your wireless mouse and click Scan for hardware changes.

Fix 3:

If above fixes are not working for you then find a solution from the official Microsoft website.

1. Troubleshoot response failures in wireless keyboard or mouse.

2. Troubleshoot a wireless mouse that does not function correctly.

3. Mouse Troubleshooting.

Hi @raichel121

FYI to save typing errors, In Win 10 press Win key + x key together and option box will appear left side of screen with direct links to Device Manager, Control Panel, Event Viewer etc. Good for people like me with fat fingers

Most Helpful Answer

@fischer76 A few things to check .Is the mouse turned on , check for a switch on the bottom of the mouse . Wireless mouse have off- on switches to help save the battery. Check the battery is not dead. Check that the dongle is plugged in all the way and if you have no joy try it in a different port . Go into the mouse configuration or settings and check that it is enabled .Finally test the mouse on another computer. Hope this helps

bobp will be eternally grateful.