Product released in 2011. Portable on-ear headphones that come with a detachable audio cable with built-in remote and mic for iPhone/iPod/iPad connections, and a carrying case.

Only one side plays when in wireless..

When i connect my headphones via Bluetooth it only plays sound in the one side but when I plug in the Aux cable it plays in both.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Have you tried a different BT source just to prove the problem is in the headphones?

If it is, it may be a dirty or faulty aux socket in the headphones. What headphone speaker is not playing, Left or Right?

Not quite sure if your headphones are like this but in some the aux socket has internal contacts that change over to disconnect the BT and connect the aux input when a cord is inserted.

If it is the Left speaker, by convention it is connected to the 'tip' connection (with its appropriate contacts) in the socket and if it is the Right speaker it is connected to the 'ring' connector (with its appropriate contacts) in the socket.

Here is a link to the Ifixit guide on how to repair your headphones. It is handy as it shows how to open the headphones so that the socket can be inspected and tested. In Step. 5 of the guide you can see (not very well) the aux socket.

Beats Solo HD Speaker Replacement

Most Helpful Answer

1 - Connect with bluetooth and hear sound is not ok.

2 - Insert sound cable when it is playing hear sound ok

3 - When playing audio remove sound cable

4 - Power off/on headphones and reconnect bluetooth

Should be ok now.

Problem was i pluged in some cheap speaker via cable and i forgot to disconnect when i was done.

One night it stayed connected and in the morning i was having this trouble.

@efes Thanks, works perfectly now!

I've been trying different things all day and this was the first thing to work. First try, too! Thanks a million!!

THIS IS AMAZING!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I was so worried about my headphones, I was going to send them back, I am so happy, your solution worked instantly, thank you so much!! Genius, absolutely brilliant. Thank you! Both speakers work now like brand new! God bless you!

Mine is still not working properly. Maybe there is something I’m doing wrong. Do I connect the sound cord to both the headphones and the phone or connect them only to the phone?

Resetting the headphones also helps, I just did that and one of the suggestions here in a combo and now both ears are working well. Word of advise, there is different reset options depending on which series of Beats you are trying to fix. Mine are Solo 3's so I had to hold the power button and down volume button for 8 seconds to reset mine. Google your reset options if yours is not a Solo 3, I think others you hold the volume down button on the set and the multifunction button on the cord for 8 seconds until a blue and red light flashes.

I have the same issue with my new studio 2 beats i just got them for my birthday and im so upset that i was given $170 to spend and it was all spent on one pair of studio 2 wireless beats from target. So they worked for about 2 weeks then one side stopped working which is the left side. I called target to get an exchange then they said they dont sell studio 2s any more i found that hard to belive because they still have solo 2s which are pretty old all beats have a 1 year warranty and they said i would have to ship my beats to the beats store and have them replace it. Is there any recomendations on what i could do to fix the headphones.

Check in settings that there isn't a mono audio option selected

Score -1

ianconlon will be eternally grateful.