Fourth generation of iPad, released November 2, 2012, available in Wi-Fi, CDMA, and GSM models with 16, 32, or 64 GB of storage.

Is there a way to sell/part out a locked iPad? (Locked via iCloud)

I got an iPad 4 locked via icloud passcode for dirt cheap at a garage sale last week. I have a lot of experience taking apart just about anything with a power cord, but I was not sure about the best place to flip this, is it ebay? is it craigslist? . Thanks for all the help guys!

What does the screen say?

I have no idea who Apple ID is on my ipad I thought I set it up. Appe store wasnt any help.

I don't know who Apple ID is locking me out of my ipad 4. I thought I set it up. Apple Store wasn't any help. Screen say Activation Lock

Try contacting the owner.

The owner is dead.

Hannelore Then so is the iPad. Apple might accept a Letter Testamentary, you could ask them.

Most Helpful Answer

Not worth that much whole or in parts.

Best to return it to get your money back or see if you can leverage it for a newer device as trade in.

Try this, it only works if it is a 3G/4G/cellular iPad, if it is wifi it will not work.

Thank you for this. We have a branch in our company that does high security data destruction on electronic media and have been storing locked iPads for some time pending a solution to clean the data, and repurpose the iPads. This was very useful and helps our electronics recycling branch be more responsible environmental stewards.

In my experience, it is better to sell the device as an entire unit as "For Parts Only" and specify that the device has an iCloud Activation Lock. I prefer to buy the unit and take it apart myself. That way I know nothing was damaged during disassembly, and all of the parts are there.

I have 2 ipad mini's would you be interested in buying for parts

I just got done doing the same thing, I bought an iPad 4 locked and took it apart to part out. The LCD is worth the most so follow the guides they provide on this website to take it apart. The LCD could bring about $50 on eBay just make sure that protect it once its removed. You can also sell the logic board for parts, techs that do board level repairs will buy it just for the capacitors and chips.

allentking will be eternally grateful.