Display on Rain Bird EST-4TM

Display on Rain Bird EST-4TM reads Program Off

I changed the battery and fuse and it still reads PR OFF,when I disconnect the AC power it still reads PR-OFF, when I take the battery out it still reads PR-OFF. It wont let me input anything. I cut all power and return the battery and dc power but it is still PR OFF

Remove the AC power and the battery for 2-3 minutes, then re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC power and see if the unit is now functioning correctly.

If it is still not working correctly after this then verify that there is 24V AC being supplied to the controller. Use a DMM (Digital Multimeter - Voltmeter function) to check the AC voltage level at the input terminals. (If you do not have a DMM or access to one, suitable DMMs are available from larger hardware stores for about $10 and up).

If there is 24V AC available on the input terminals then you may have to open the unit and do further testing as to what the problem is. It may be a faulty connection on the other side of the AC input terminals for example

The battery is only used to maintain the settings in the event of a power failure, it cannot power the controller.

Adel will be eternally grateful.