A splash proof, portable Bluetooth speaker from JBL, released September 2015.

blinking lights after pressing bluetooth button

opened box and turned on the speaker. as soon as I press the bluetooth button, the lightshow button starts blinking and speaker will not connect in bluetooth screen on my phone. thought it was defective so I went to exchange it, but then the seller got it working the same way that I was trying to do it. listened to music on the speaker on the way home, but before i made it home, the light show, and the lightshow button started blinking. connection lost and won't show up on paired list on my phone.

returned it and bought another Pulse 2 at a different sellers location. explained the issue to the seller before i left the store and they showed me that it works.

got home, tried to pair my wife's phone, pressed the bluetooth button on speaker, same issue.

this is my second pulse 2 purchased from a different seller but has the same exact problem. made sure device is fully charged, turned on and off speaker over and over, tried to do the reset that works for the Pulse, doesn't work on Pulse2. Tried while speaker is plugged in as well.

no answers online, no response from JBL, nothing. someone please help! i just want some answers, it worked before and now it doesn't work. same issue with two separate speakers purchased from 2 separate locations... WTF!

Most Helpful Answer

Same issue here, it works fine at my job. It will not connect at my home. Tried a second speaker, and I had the same issue. I assume it's some interference, but I would like a more definitive answer

I bought a brand new Pulse 2 and had the exact same problem right out of the box as my old Pulse 2. When I saw this thread I tested the theory of interference by taking the speaker out of my house and walking down to the street corner. The speaker worked normally! I could push the Bluetooth button and connect and play music. As soon as I walked back home, I started getting disconnected and the problems returned. So it is definitely interference from something. My old Pulse 2 used to work so something was introduced that is causing the problem. I just can't figure out what it is.

Do you have a Samsung Smart TV in the neighbourhood, like in the answer from Arnold Gahleitner I found in a different thread?

JBL Charge Troubleshooting

I had the exact same Problem - after long searching i figured out , that my Samsung Smart TV (Series 5 ) was sending a Bluetooth signal, which caused the problem on the Pulse 2.

When i plug out my TV from the electricity, the Pulse 2 is working fine....

Arnold Gahleitner - gisteren

I have no way of knowing if any of my neighbors have a Samsung Smart TV. It would also seem unreasonable to ask them to unplug their TVs so that I could listen to my music--LOL. I've tried disconnecting various devices in my house, but they don't seem to make a difference. The funny thing is, all my other Bluetooth devices seem unaffected. Even my JBL headphones and Flip 3 speakers have no problems. It's only the Pulse 2 that is having problems. I'm going to take it to work to see if there are any issues there.

I had the same issue a few minutes ago... located a place where there was no interference (I didn't find what equipment was causing it) and updated the firmware using the iOS JVC app. My daughter's Pulse 2 now works like a charm. Good luck.

I took my Pulse 2 to work, away from the interference at home, and it worked fine. I was able to update to the latest firmware. When I returned home, the problems were gone and I was able to use the speaker normally again.

Same problem; tracked it down to my Mac computer. Toggled the bluetooth off and back on and it fixed the JBL problem. Weird, since the JBL was never connected to the Mac.

ryan C will be eternally grateful.