The Canon Pixma MP480 is an all-in-one color inkjet photo printer released in 2008.

How to reset page counter for ink absorber full (error 5B00)?

I have been trying everything I can find on google and youtube (short of downloading a sketchy exe file), but I can't reset the page counter. I already cleaned out the ink absorber pads, but my printer won't print until this has been reset. I hate planned obsolescence.

i have a 5B00 error and let me know how to approach it

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

Have you tried the following:

1. Press and hold the power button

2. Whilst holding the power button operated, plug the power cord back into the printer.

3. Keep holding the power button until the printer begins to reset itself and come online, then release the button.

4. Wait for the green power light to turn off, then press and release the power button again.

It should blink for 2-3 seconds and then stay on.

Hopefully the printer has been reset and is ready to print again.

If the above doesn't work this link may be of some interest.

http://www.ezylinkit.com.au/blog/?p=122

No, this didn't work. When I plug in the printer while holding the power button, the green light comes on, but nothing else happens. When I release the power button, the light goes off again and the printer does not come on without having reset anything.

Hi, @lynanne ,

Just for my information, did you also try the procedure as shown in the link?

My Canon G2000 printer has a 5b00 error and I have found this software, it fixed the 5B00 error on my printer, advise you to try it out - http://resetkey.net/reset-canon-g2000-co...

LynAnne will be eternally grateful.