Why is there a spreading black spot on my screen?

I put my phone in the washing machine (I know, I know, but I was super distracted and had thrown it in with the laundry) and got it out before it started (although it was already soaked). I dried it, took off the case, and put it in rice for 24 hours. Now there is a big dark mark at the bottom of my screen along with a white box and it seems to be spreading up my screen? HELP!

Hi, someone stood on my phone a while ago, and now big black blothes cover 3 quarters of my screen bu the phone still works. The part that works just glitches alot.

i dropped my iphone on the floor and there is a black mark what do i do help

Do not panic, It happens to all of us. You see, There is a thin layer in your phone that holds ink. And when the thin layer cracks, It lets out some ink. I’m so sorry to say this but, There is a chance that it is going to stay forever. I have this on my phone too and I dealt with it. I tried to not drop my phone so many times. That’s why I only have 5 spots on my screen. It’s annoying but, You probably can get it fixed but it’s expensive. Take some of my tips.

1. Let it rest for some time.

2. Do not drop it.

3. Try not to spread the ink, It will get worse.

4. That’s all I got to say, Bye.

I'm freaking out, my phone was completely purple but at least I could somewhat see everything, now it's going completely black and Idk what to do.

i have the same problem but it is on my school computer there is a big black spot and then i close my computer and then i open it and then there are more black spots but they are little and then i told the school and the replacement of the screen costs 37 dollars and i don't want to waste money can anyone help me of what i can do please somebody help me and the black spot are so annoying plz .

I've said it before and I'll say it again...The rice myth kills too many phones!

You are fortunate that your device is not completely disabled but then again, by powering it on, you are accelerating the corrosion (oxydation) process internally. The spot on the display is caused by water. You will have to replace the screen assembly. You should back up your data while you can.

The water is inside the phone, on the logic board and under the shields, even under the IC's. The rice is nowhere near where the water is. So while it may soak up some water vapour, the real problem is the corrosion that is taking place as the water evaporates. The longer you let a phone sit in rice, the more time you are giving corrosion to damage your logic board. The saltier or harder the water is, the more damage will occur.

Here are some things you can do now:

• Open your phone and remove the logic board
  • Inspect the logic board, especially around the connectors and look for corrosion.
  • Inspect both sides of the board. Unfortunately, 80% of the board is covered in shields. That's usually where the damage is occurring.
  • Put your board in a container with >90% isopropyl alcohol and let it sit for a while.
  • Use a soft brush, like a toothbrush and lightly brush away any corrosion you see.
  • Rinse in alcohol and repeat.
  • Let it air dry for a day.
  • Re-assemble and hope for the best.

Your best bet is to find a professional repair shop that does water damage repair. They have access to pro-level ultrasonic baths and specialized cleaners as well as the skills to troubleshoot your board.

I didn't drop my phone at all or was it in water or any liquid and my Android suddenly has the same big blob growing down the screen. Any answers or fixits? Ps I go through MetroPCS and both stores in my town are owned by a man who has yelled at me and refused to help me so I don't have many options! Help me

Hmm..This is odd. If there is a blob on your screen, There is a 50% chance it might be from heating up or from the LCD screen. The LCD screen might be broke or damaged anxiously. Watch a YouTube video on how to fix it.

i don't even have a phone

Well, I dropped my phone faced down yesterday. I was shocked when I saw a webbing crack and a gigantic black area. No water or whatever.. Its probably the LCD Screen

i have this on my laptop it is like a frame of black that looks like audio waves and in the corner where launcher its covered up by a black triangle

The rice is a mything i dropped my phone in the toilet. How? Because I was standing over the toilet and playing a game so distracting that I forgot the toilet was open and then plop in the toilet it went. I tried purring it in rice for a long time and alot of water to this day is in there. That was a waste of time though. Now on this phone there is a huge black spot that grows every second. U have to take out the battery and put it in 90% or higher then let it sit for a couple days.

Then u take it out and dry it, don't worry if it doesn't work for u but when u take it out then put it in a huge bowl of water for 1 day then u dry it. Keep it in a towel with soft feathers on it. Shake it around so the feathers rub it and it gets dry but not on the inside u have to stay away from it for 24hrs exact or it won't work then u have put it back in the phone the reset the phone u don't have to delete the emails and stuff just reboot it and it should work without the black spot. If it works u got lucky but if it didn't then comment or just reboot everything 100 or 24 times

My phone fell in the toilet because of a distracting game. The toilet seat was open and I didn't notice. Rice don't work I tried it or days on 1 phone and nothing happened. Yet this phone has a huge black spot on it and it blocks my games.

This is what u do put it in 90% or higher rubbing alcohol or peroxide. Then u put water in it just a little for 10 days then put it in a dry soft towel or something. Let that sit for 5 days. After that is finished put it back in the phone and reboot it up don't have to delete the data or emailsomething and stuff just reboot it and it should work without the huge black spot.

If this works then ur lucky if it doesn't then u will have to reboot everything on ur phone and also comment that it didn't work.

I set my iPhone on the floor I DID NOT DROP IT OR ANYTHING. I went to play with my dog for a bit, when I was done I went to go check on my phone and then I see a huge black spot on my phone! Any suggestions? On what I should do?

i have a school computer and i was playing with my sister and i closed her computer and then she got mad and all of that she cam she closed my computer on my thumb and i had nail from nail powder and then it broke when she closed it and now it has a huuuge black spot on my screen and i close it sometimes and i open it up and then there are more black spots but little ones and i don’t know what to do can anybody help me???? i realy need help cuz a screen replacement costs like 37 dollars but that is what the principal said and i don’t want to waste money and i go to YouTube and go and put on the dead pixel fix and it does not work in fact that is what makes it worst and i don’t know what to do! can someone help if so Thank You sooo much!!!! realy Thank You

pay it before it gets worse and worse

I'd pay the 37 dollars that is super cheap in comparison to 100-200 for a new Samsung S20 screen.. If you have determined its pixel related then some pixel fixes work depending on the severity… If its what appears to be ink leaked under the glass, somewhere you have cracked those layers in the screen releasing the liquid underneath the glass.. A screen when separated has many layers between the front and back of screen and is made of super thin mirror/ holographic like plastic material.. Mine just so happens to go away and then return if I apply to much pressure..

I have the same problem too. A math teacher of mines knocked my phone down when we were taking a snap. The thing is the rice myth does not work. It damages the logic board. The only solution is to get your screen/LCD fixed or do it yourself which cost about 30 bucks but takes lots of time. One thing is, don't use rice. Here are some ways you can dry off your phone.

Blowing it off with a blowdryer for 15 minutes or more.

Let the phone and battery separate sit out for a day or 2 depending on the temperature.

Don't connect it too a charger. That will shut down electricity for an average 3 days or 2.

That's all I know about this subject. But it could be battery oil, dead pixels, corrupted screen damage. But if you see it your LCD is already damaged.

Mine is not a black spot, more like a purpley blue, I haven't dropped my phone in water, but I keep dropping it. Could that be the case? However, I found my charger on the floor where a water spill was and plugged it in anyway. Now my charger won't work, though I think it was because it was torn anyways. What can I do?

iPhone screens are extremely easy to replace and very very inexpensive. My android was way harder and cost 7 times more than an iPhone. If you own an iPhone i recommend watching a YouTube video and attempting the repair yourself. It is just as easy as it looks in the videos but if you own an android I wouldn't even attempt it unless it's your only option like it was mine.

Ps it keeps growing,I don't have much time not options please help before I can't fix it

The reason you cannot fix it is because your LCD screen is probably broken from underneath. The black spots are ink. So, I have this on my IPhone. I let it rest, I DO NOT RECOMMEND TRYING TO FIX IT YOURSELF. It spreads more than you can think. Try letting it rest and see if it spreads, The bad news is that, It probably will stay there forever. But a tip is that, To not drop your phone or it will make it worse.

I accidentally pressed too hard and now it is a purple + orange. What should I do?

Mine is a moto g and I only used it for 1 day and now is multi coloured screen they tell me the iñside screen is broken and not worth fixing

Emily Rose will be eternally grateful.