Why my scroll lock light blinkin7g
When the computer come on but scroll lock light is blinking
Is this a good question?
There is very little information online regarding the scroll light blinking.
So hopefully the problem can be diagnosed.
1. Is the fan running and can you feel the air coming out of the fan vents (which should not be clogged) when you start the laptop?
2. Does the laptop boot successfully all the way to the Windows desktop?
3. Does it happen when connected to the charger, when only on the battery or both?
4. Is the battery charging OK?
5. Try re-seating the RAM and also if applicable try starting the laptop with only 1 RAM module installed (if you have 2 that is) to see if the problem remains. .
Ensure the laptop is turned off, remove the battery pack from the laptop, then access the memory modules and gently remove them from their slots and then re-insert 1 only, reconnect the battery pack and start the laptop. If it still indicates a blinking light, turn off the laptop in the normal manner and use the above procedure to insert the other RAM module and see if it still happens. Ensure that the laptop is always off, that the charger is disconnected and that the battery is removed before touching and removing/reinserting the modules
6.Try a power reset and see if this helps to resolve the problem.
Turn off laptop.
Switch off and disconnect the charger
Press and hold power button for 30 seconds then release.
Connect and switch on charger and switch on laptop (leave battery out at this stage)
Allow laptop to boot all the way to the Windows desktop, allow HDD activity to settle, then shutdown laptop in normal manner. (check if scroll lock light is blinking)
When completely shutdown, switch off and disconnect charger.
Re-insert battery, reconnect and switch on charger and turn on laptop.
Allow laptop to boot all the way to the Windows desktop, allow HDD activity to settle,
Check the charge state of the battery, if charging allow to fully charge before switching off the charger and disconnecting from the laptop.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 2
Past 7 Days: 13
Past 30 Days: 59
All Time: 511